3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 21, 2013 2:03 AM by 998163 RSS

Swing JTextFeild is not getting focus -  Using jdk-7u17-windows-i586

Hi All
      Recently I upgraded my Application with Java 1.7 (using jdk-7u17-windows-i586) from java 1.6. Swing component JTextfeilds used to get focus when using java1.6. But after up-gradation to Java 1.7 in few scenarios JTextFeild is not getting focus and I am unable to do any thing with keyboard. Again I have to click on some button with Mouse and need to keep focus using mouse in the textfeild.

Used Java Version : jdk-7u17-windows-i586
      Issue : JTextFeild is not getting focus
        • 1. Re: Swing JTextFeild is not getting focus -  Using jdk-7u17-windows-i586
          gimbal2
          993277 wrote:
          Hi All
          Recently I upgraded my Application with Java 1.7 (using jdk-7u17-windows-i586) from java 1.6. Swing component JTextfeilds used to get focus when using java1.6. But after up-gradation to Java 1.7 in few scenarios JTextFeild is not getting focus and I am unable to do any thing with keyboard. Again I have to click on some button with Mouse and need to keep focus using mouse in the textfeild.

Used Java Version : jdk-7u17-windows-i586
          Issue : JTextFeild is not getting focus
          That's an incomplete bug report, not a question. This is a forum, not a bug tracking system. Try bugs.sun.com. And you may want to include a small sample program in the bug report that demonstrates the problem.
          • 2. Re: Swing JTextFeild is not getting focus -  Using jdk-7u17-windows-i586
            As I am not sure this is bug. I started this in forum. Could any body faced same kind of issue. Is there any work arround
            • 3. Re: Swing JTextFeild is not getting focus -  Using jdk-7u17-windows-i586
              It does look like a related bug has been posted:
              http://bugs.sun.com/view_bug.do?bug_id=7147075
              7147075 : JTextField doesn't get focus or loses focus forever

The bug report has a complete test case and states that it happens only w/ ICE wm but it seems to happen with Xming and Cywin-x using the default window manager. Using the Motif WM in rootless mode seems to work w/ Cygwin-X but no other WMs

Does anyone know of the cause or workaround or any other relevant context?