This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 21, 2013 12:03 AM by 998163 RSS

Swing JTextFeild is not getting focus -  Using jdk-7u17-windows-i586

996280 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi All
Recently I upgraded my Application with Java 1.7 (using jdk-7u17-windows-i586) from java 1.6. Swing component JTextfeilds used to get focus when using java1.6. But after up-gradation to Java 1.7 in few scenarios JTextFeild is not getting focus and I am unable to do any thing with keyboard. Again I have to click on some button with Mouse and need to keep focus using mouse in the textfeild.

Used Java Version : jdk-7u17-windows-i586
Issue : JTextFeild is not getting focus
  • 1. Re: Swing JTextFeild is not getting focus -  Using jdk-7u17-windows-i586
    gimbal2 Guru
    993277 wrote:
    Hi All
    Recently I upgraded my Application with Java 1.7 (using jdk-7u17-windows-i586) from java 1.6. Swing component JTextfeilds used to get focus when using java1.6. But after up-gradation to Java 1.7 in few scenarios JTextFeild is not getting focus and I am unable to do any thing with keyboard. Again I have to click on some button with Mouse and need to keep focus using mouse in the textfeild.

Used Java Version : jdk-7u17-windows-i586
    Issue : JTextFeild is not getting focus
    That's an incomplete bug report, not a question. This is a forum, not a bug tracking system. Try bugs.sun.com. And you may want to include a small sample program in the bug report that demonstrates the problem.
  • 2. Re: Swing JTextFeild is not getting focus -  Using jdk-7u17-windows-i586
    996280 Newbie
    As I am not sure this is bug. I started this in forum. Could any body faced same kind of issue. Is there any work arround
  • 3. Re: Swing JTextFeild is not getting focus -  Using jdk-7u17-windows-i586
    998163 Newbie
    It does look like a related bug has been posted:
    http://bugs.sun.com/view_bug.do?bug_id=7147075
    7147075 : JTextField doesn't get focus or loses focus forever

The bug report has a complete test case and states that it happens only w/ ICE wm but it seems to happen with Xming and Cywin-x using the default window manager. Using the Motif WM in rootless mode seems to work w/ Cygwin-X but no other WMs

Does anyone know of the cause or workaround or any other relevant context?

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points