1 Reply Latest reply: Apr 26, 2013 12:02 PM by 1005792 RSS

Failure while extending weblogic server domain.

Hello

We are facing failure for registering/extending OID, OVD and OHS instances with the WebLogic Server Domain(10.3.5.0) on Windows. Weblogic domain server and URL(http://hostname:7001/console) is up and running; however we are not able to Telnet 7001 port or access Weblogic domain URL from OID/OVD/OHS server.

Please note OID, OVD/OHS/Admin server are hosted on three different m/c.
      Web Logic Server Domain: 10.3.5.0
      OID, OVD, OHS: 11.1.1.5

While extending we are getting error:
      INST-07242: Unable to Connect to Oracle Weblogic Middleware Admin Server

While registering using below opmnctl command getting error:

Command Used:
      C:\Oracle\admin\oid_inst1\bin>opmnctl registerinstance -adminHost hostname -adminPort 7001 -adminUsername weblogic
      Command requires login to weblogic admin server (hostname):
      Username: weblogic
      Password:
      Command failed: Unable to connect to the admin server. Verify it has been start
      ed and is accessible.
      Details are logged in C:\Oracle\admin\oid_inst1\diagnostics\logs\OPMN\opmn\provi
      sion.log
      opmnctl registerinstance: failed.

Error: Refer attached log file for more details.
      Caused by: javax.naming.NamingException: Couldn't connect to the specified host [Root exception is org.omg.CORBA.COMM_FAILURE:   vmcid: SUN  minor code: 203  completed: No]
      at weblogic.corba.j2ee.naming.Utils.wrapNamingException(Utils.java:83)
      at weblogic.corba.j2ee.naming.ORBHelper.getORBReferenceWithRetry(ORBHelper.java:656)
      at weblogic.corba.j2ee.naming.ORBHelper.getORBReference(ORBHelper.java:594)
      at weblogic.corba.j2ee.naming.InitialContextFactoryImpl.getInitialContext(InitialContextFactoryImpl.java:85)
      at weblogic.corba.j2ee.naming.InitialContextFactoryImpl.getInitialContext(InitialContextFactoryImpl.java:31)
      at weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactory.getInitialContext(WLInitialContextFactory.java:46)
      at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(NamingManager.java:667)
      at javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(InitialContext.java:288)
      at javax.naming.InitialContext.init(InitialContext.java:223)
      at javax.naming.InitialContext.<init>(InitialContext.java:197)
      at weblogic.management.remote.common.ClientProviderBase.makeConnection(ClientProviderBase.java:178)
      ... 9 more
      Caused by: org.omg.CORBA.COMM_FAILURE: vmcid: SUN minor code: 203 completed: No
      at com.sun.corba.se.impl.logging.ORBUtilSystemException.writeErrorSend(ORBUtilSystemException.java:2259)
      at com.sun.corba.se.impl.logging.ORBUtilSystemException.writeErrorSend(ORBUtilSystemException.java:2281)
      at com.sun.corba.se.impl.transport.SocketOrChannelConnectionImpl.writeLock(SocketOrChannelConnectionImpl.java:957)
      at com.sun.corba.se.impl.encoding.BufferManagerWriteGrow.sendMessage(BufferManagerWriteGrow.java:53)
      at com.sun.corba.se.impl.encoding.CDROutputObject.finishSendingMessage(CDROutputObject.java:144)
      at com.sun.corba.se.impl.protocol.CorbaMessageMediatorImpl.finishSendingRequest(CorbaMessageMediatorImpl.java:247)
      at com.sun.corba.se.impl.protocol.CorbaClientRequestDispatcherImpl.marshalingComplete1(CorbaClientRequestDispatcherImpl.java:355)
      at com.sun.corba.se.impl.protocol.CorbaClientRequestDispatcherImpl.marshalingComplete(CorbaClientRequestDispatcherImpl.java:336)
      at com.sun.corba.se.impl.protocol.CorbaClientDelegateImpl.invoke(CorbaClientDelegateImpl.java:129)
      at com.sun.corba.se.impl.protocol.CorbaClientDelegateImpl.non_existent(CorbaClientDelegateImpl.java:232)
      at org.omg.CORBA.portable.ObjectImpl._non_existent(ObjectImpl.java:137)
      at weblogic.corba.j2ee.naming.ORBHel

Trouble shooting steps tried:
      •     Firewall Off on both the server

Edited by: 993281 on Mar 12, 2013 2:52 AM
        • 1. Re: Failure while extending weblogic server domain.
          Did you get an answer to this problem? The opmnctl registerinstance failed with exactly the same error. In my case I know I misspelled the domain name during the install dialog and now need to correct the name, but I can't find where the name is located to correct it or which tool to use or which file I should edit? I looked through the Weblogic admin console and EM admin console but with no luck. Do you or anyone else know how I can edit the name of the host so I can move forward with my installation? It seems like it would be simple to find and change. Thanks.