This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Mar 13, 2013 5:48 AM by Michael Ferrante (Oracle) RSS

calling fusion forms from client

Maahjoor Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Dear all,

i have installed weblogic server 10.3.6 64bit on windows server 2008 64 bit with oracle database 11g R2 64 bit and forms&Reports 11.1.2.1.0 64bits.
my java version on my client is java 6 update 25 which is the recomended version for the above tools.
i have started weblogic admin services and all the forms and report services.
i have created a simple form. when i call that form from another client it is opened,
but when i close it, and want to reopen it from the same client, it give me the follwoing error
FRM-92103: A Network error or server failure has occured.you will need to restart your applicaiton.
when i open the java console , i found the follwoing.
The connection mode is HTTP.
Forms Applet version is 11.1.2.1
FRM-92103: A network error or server failure has occurred.
You will need to restart your application.
Java Exception:
java.net.SocketException: Connection reset
     at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
     at java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(Unknown Source)
     at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read1(Unknown Source)
     at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
     at sun.net.www.MeteredStream.read(Unknown Source)
     at java.io.FilterInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
     at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection$HttpInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
     at oracle.forms.net.EncryptedInputStream.fill(Unknown Source)
     at oracle.forms.net.EncryptedInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
     at oracle.forms.net.HTTPNStream.getResponse(Unknown Source)
     at oracle.forms.net.HTTPNStream.doFlush(Unknown Source)
     at oracle.forms.net.HTTPNStream.flush(Unknown Source)
     at java.io.DataOutputStream.flush(Unknown Source)
     at oracle.forms.net.StreamMessageWriter.run(Unknown Source)
how to work around?
  • 1. Re: calling fusion forms from client
    Michael Ferrante (Oracle) Guru Moderator
    Currently Being Moderated
    Although it doesn't matter for this issue, the "recommended" version of the plug-in generally would be the latest. For Java 6, the latest is 1.6.0_43.

Regarding your issue:
    <blockquote><li>Are you using this Win2008 machine as the client as well as the server? In other words, are you trying to run the form from the same machine where the installation lives?
    <li>Does the host machine (Win2008) have a static IP address or does it use DHCP?
    <li>Does the same problem reproduce with any form? For example, from the Win2008 machine open IE and try this: http://127.0.0.1/forms/frmservlet?form=test
    <li>If IE Enhanced Security is enabled on the Win2008 machine, which it is by default, then you likely will not be able to start a form on that machine.
    <li>You said you were using JRE 1.6.0_25. Is this the 32 or 64bit version? If you are using the 32bit IE browser, you must also use a 32bit JRE. If using a 64bit IE, you need a 64bit JRE. For non-IE browsers you need the 32bit JRE</blockquote>

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points