1 Reply Latest reply: Mar 13, 2013 8:52 AM by Amith Y RSS

Dashboard security

UOOLK
      HI,

i have implemented writeback comments on dashboard and it works fine
      the issue now come to me that the comments that would be entered once should be uneditable after the current date for users with R/W access for the dashboard

but should be free to change for a certain Superuser
      i am not able to think where i should implement this kind of security.

#thanks
        • 1. Re: Dashboard security
          Amith Y
          UOOLK wrote:
          HI,

i have implemented writeback comments on dashboard and it works fine
          the issue now come to me that the comments that would be entered once should be uneditable after the current date for users with R/W access for the dashboard

but should be free to change for a certain Superuser
          i am not able to think where i should implement this kind of security.

#thanks
          A work around I can think of is creating three reports and placing them in different sections and using either section level security or guided navigation to dynamically display the reports based on the user.

Report - 1: No write back functionality available. ( This report would be used by the users with R/W access to just view the data.)
          Report - 2: This report would have a filter where comments field is null or a condition on date based on your requirements. This section should be visible only to the set of users that cant edit the comments once submitted. They can use report-1 to see the comments that have already been submitted, and in the report 1 since write back is disabled, they would not be able to edit it.
          Report - 3: This report would have write back functionality and no filters what so ever. This would be used by the super users.