5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 13, 2013 9:10 AM by jiyong RSS

Unable to genreate report from siebel

Azar
      Hi,

Siebel Version : 8.1.1.5
      BIP Version : 10.1.3.4.1
      Database Version : oracle 11gr2 11.2.0.1

I implemented siebel 8.1.1.5 with bip integration and then I tried to upload some test reports , Its uploaded. I try to run some test reports through reports menu, It's not showing any list of report even My BI Publisher Reports also. It shows below error

An error has occured creating business component '<?>' used gy business object '<?>'

Please ask your systems administrator to check your application configuraion.(SBL-DAT-00222)

Log file :

SBL-DAT-00222: An error has occurred creating business component 'Report Template Position BC' used by business object 'Report Administration'

Edited by: Azar on Mar 13, 2013 1:36 AM
        • 1. Re: Unable to genreate report from siebel
          jiyong
          Have you checked in Siebel Tools if that BC is available in the BO?
          Are you sure that the correct SRF has been deployed?
          • 2. Re: Unable to genreate report from siebel
            Azar
            Its not available in siebel tools Now what should i do ?
            • 3. Re: Unable to genreate report from siebel
              jiyong
              This is what I could find, but I couldn't locate the file BIP_8113FP.sif.
              When you can't either, it's probably best to open a SR on Supportweb.

When attempting to run BIP reports by clicking Reports menu icon, the following error occurs:

ERROR
              -----------------------
              "SBL-DAT-00144: Could not find 'Business Component' named 'Report Template Position BC'. This object is inactive or nonexistent."

STEPS
              -----------------------
              The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
              1. In Siebel application (Thin or Thick client), you click Reports menu icon
              2. The error above is displayed.
              Changes
              This happens after installing Siebel 8.1.1.3 Fix Pack.
              Cause
              The error can occur when you have not complete all configuration steps to integrate BI Publisher with Siebel 8.1.1.3 Fix Pack.

You should follow all steps from Bookshelf 8.1: Siebel Reports Guide, Rev. C (June 2010).
              Solution
              Please note that after installing 8.1.1.3 Fix Pack you should follow all steps from Bookshelf 8.1: Siebel Reports Guide, Rev. C (June 2010), under Chapter 4. Integrating Oracle BI Publisher with Siebel Business Applications > Process of Configuring the Siebel Application for Integration with Oracle BI Publisher, which includes import BIP_8113FP.sif file and Apply DDL.

Bookshelf 8.1: Siebel Reports Guide, Rev. C (June 2010) can be downloaded from:
              http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E14004_01/books/Reports/ReportsTOC.html

Edited by: jiyong on Mar 13, 2013 7:35 PM
              • 4. Re: Unable to genreate report from siebel
                Azar
                So Shall i import BIP_8113FP.sif ? My siebel version is 8.1.1.5
                • 5. Re: Unable to genreate report from siebel
                  jiyong
                  The SIF file is an XML file and can be opened with a browser or text editor.
                  You can check if BC Report Template Position BC is in the SIF file and if that BC is added to BO Report Administration.
                  If yes, it's highly likely you need to import it through Siebel Tools and compile and deploy a new SRF.

But to be 100% sure it's better you open a SR on Supportweb.