6 Replies Latest reply: Mar 13, 2013 10:57 AM by acepsut RSS

How to run a FXML application on a server?

acepsut
      I would like to learn how to run a FXML application as applet directly on a server with no download for the client part.

My question:

1) Is it possible?

2) Is there someone so kind to give me some basic steps I have to follow to accomplish this?

A working example of the whole process would be very appreciated.

Thanks very much.
        • 1. Re: How to run a FXML application on a server?
          James_D
          An applet is, by definition, a client-side Java application embedded in a web browser. Thus to run an applet, the client needs, as a minimum, to download the applet class and associated class files. The client also needs a compatible Java runtime to execute the applet and that will need to be downloaded if it's not already installed. It doesn't make sense to talk about running an applet on a server.
          • 2. Re: How to run a FXML application on a server?
            acepsut
            Hi James D thank for your reply.

Are there other solutions to run a FXML application on a server with no download for the client side but the Java runtime environment?
            • 3. Re: How to run a FXML application on a server?
              James_D
              I'm not sure the question really makes sense.

FXML is a markup language for laying out the user interface in a JavaFX application. So "FXML application" doesn't really make sense; you have JavaFX applications whose layout may or may not be managed by FXML. What you can do with those applications doesn't depend on whether FXML is used. In any event, JavaFX applications are inherently client-side applications; they have a user interface and expect user interaction. It wouldn't make sense to run these on a server.

So it's not really clear to me what you mean.
              • 4. Re: How to run a FXML application on a server?
                acepsut
                I forgot to mention FX2 since I've added as tag.

Well, as an example I have a simple application, an anchor pane with a button with some event on it, let's suppose it print a string once clicked.

I would like to have this application on a server, and users would run it without download anything.

My question are: is it possible? and if so, what are the basic steps I have to accomplish?

Thanks

Edited by: acepsut on 13-mar-2013 7.14
                • 5. Re: How to run a FXML application on a server?
                  James_D
                  acepsut wrote:
                  I forgot to mention FX2 since I've added as tag.

Well, as an example I have a simple application, an anchor pane with a button with some event on it, let's suppose it print a string once clicked.

I would like to have this application on a server, and users would run it without download anything.

My question are: is it possible?
                  No. You're describing a client-side application. The client needs to download the application in order to run it.
                  • 6. Re: How to run a FXML application on a server?
                    acepsut
                    Thank you very much