This discussion is archived
7 Replies Latest reply: Mar 14, 2013 8:47 AM by HamidHelal RSS

Unable to open a FMB in windows7

Kumar_9985 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi Folks,

I am having a oracle developer suite10G installed in both Windows XP and Windows 7.
Now i did some changes in the FMB on Windows XP.
My forms builder in windows7 is crashing when i m trying to open this modified FMB.

Can anyone help me.

Thanks,
kumar
  • 1. Re: Unable to open a FMB in windows7
    CraigB Guru
    Kumar,
    What Forms version (eg: 10.1.3.0.0 not 10g R2) do you have installed on your Windows XP computer and which version do you have installed on Windows 7? If you have Forms 10.1.3 installed on Windows XP and Forms 10.1.2 installed on Windows 7 - this could cause the crash you are describing. It could also be a Windows 7 User Account Control (UAC) issue. The Forms Builder must run as an Administrator not as standard user. Right-click the Forms Builder link or on the frmbld.exe file and select properties. Then go to the Compatibility tab and click on "Run as Administrator" and then click Apply/OK.

If that doesn't fix the issue, please tell us your exact version of Forms installed. Also, are you able to create a new form without Forms Builder crashing on Windows 7?

Craig...
  • 2. Re: Unable to open a FMB in windows7
    HamidHelal Guru
    Hi,
    Check this link http://hamid-oracle.blogspot.com/2013/01/oracle-forms-designer-has-stopped.html

Edited by: HamidHelal on Mar 14, 2013 11:11 AM
  • 3. Re: Unable to open a FMB in windows7
    Kumar_9985 Newbie
    Hi Craig,

I installed the same forms version in both Windows 7 and XP.

I am able to create a new form in windows7.

The actual problem is, i opened my working form in Windows Xp machine, did some changes then compiled it and saved.

Now when i tried to open this changed(saved) fmb in Windows7 form builder is crashing.

Please assist the possible solution to open the form(compiled in Windows Xp) in Windows7.

Thanks,
    Kumar
  • 4. Re: Unable to open a FMB in windows7
    HamidHelal Guru
    Kumar_9985 wrote:
    Hi Craig,

I installed the same forms version in both Windows 7 and XP.

I am able to create a new form in windows7.

The actual problem is, i opened my working form in Windows Xp machine, did some changes then compiled it and saved.

Now when i tried to open this changed(saved) fmb in Windows7 form builder is crashing.

Please assist the possible solution to open the form(compiled in Windows Xp) in Windows7.
    HI Kumar
    follow this,

1. Open form builder
    2. make connection with database
    3. open the form

Hope this works..

also visit the link i provided
  • 5. Re: Unable to open a FMB in windows7
    CraigB Guru
    Kumar,
    Can you confirm that you have the exact same version of Forms 11g installed on each computer (eg: 11.1.2.0.0 versus 11g)? It almost sounds like you have a newer version installed on your Windows XP box versus what is installed on your Windows 7 box.

Another thing to look at is to double check that you have converted any dependent PL/SQL Libraries (.pll) to 11g on your Windows 7 box.

Lastly, I have found that Forms 11g is more prone to problems with the PL/SQL byte code that is stored in the .fmb than it's Forms 10g predecessor. The quick fix is to force Forms to drop the byte code. To do this, use Steve Consner's trick of performing a "PL/SQL Find and Replace" to search for all semicolans (;) and replace them with a semicolan (;). This will invalidate all of your PL/SQL in your form and cause Forms to drop the byte code. Then save your form in XP and try opening it in Windows 7.

Hope this helps.
    Craig...
  • 6. Re: Unable to open a FMB in windows7
    Kumar_9985 Newbie
    Thanks dude!!!!

i am able to open the fmb in windows7. thanks a lot
  • 7. Re: Unable to open a FMB in windows7
    HamidHelal Guru
    what is the correct answer ? ??

Legend