This discussion is archived
7 Replies Latest reply: Mar 14, 2013 2:09 AM by asahide RSS

Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed in MSQuery

moslee Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi to all

Months ago I migrated my Oracle 9.2.0.8 32bit DB to Oracle 11gR2 64bit DB. Yesterday I created several new user account in the DB. However, these users reported that they encountered *"ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied. Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed."* Existing users have no issue with login. All users use MS Excel 2000 (MSQuery 2000) via ODBC to connect to the DB.

So far, I have tried login in command prompt with the both existing user and new user account in the same laptop. Both existing user and new user account are able to login into the SQL*Plus and query the DB. From sqlplus /nolog, I can see that the Oracle Client is SQL*Plus: Release 9.2.0.1.0. Checked in Oracle OEM 11g and new user accounts are not locked. [Thus, I conclude there is no issue with account creation here]

The error appears when I try to login using the new user account via MS Excel 2000 (MSQuery 2000). With the existing user password and id, I am able to login. I am puzzled now because it seems that MSQuery 2000 doesn't allow new user account to access the DB. There is no change to the tnsnames.ora and sqlnet.ora when I did all these testing.

Please help me as I don't know why MSQuery 2000 doesn't allow new user account to access the DB. Many thanks.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points