3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 31, 2013 12:28 PM by 908320 RSS

Apex Listener 2.0, Weblogic 12c, Apex 4.2.1 in 11.2.0.3 db on 6.3 OEL 64bit

First ever post in this forum.. and having read through numerous posts I'm a little confused and a bit frustrated in setting up Apex Listener 2.0 for the first time.

In the past, I've installed Apex inside a DB and used the plsql gateway fine and also using the older 10g OAS, but I'm playing around with a VM and trying to set this up using Weblogic 12c.

Setup:

app1.localdomain
      - weblogic12c 64bit installed (192.168.1.184)
      - java jdk_1.7.0_02
      - "apex_app" managed server created port 7010 (by habit don't like to install into admin server)
      - /etc/hosts entries added for all VM's

db1.localdomain
      - 11.2.0.3 64bit install (192.168.1.182)
      - 11.2.0.3 db created with dataguard broker (primary)
      - Apex 4.2.1 installed
      - unlocked APEX_PUBLIC_USER and changed password
      - Done ACL privilege to any host
      - checked port DBMS_XDB.GETHTTPPORT is disabled (0)

db2.localdomain
      - 11.2.0.3 64bit install (192.168.1.183)
      - 11.2.0.3 db created with dataguard broker (standby)

So I've done the following in order:

1. Created the i.war from db1 server and copied to app1 server to /u01/app/oracle/apex_listener
      - /usr/java/jdk1.7.0_02/bin/jar -cvf0 i.war -C apex_4.2.1_en/apex/images/ .

2. Copied and unzipped the apex_listener.2.0 to app1 to /u01/app/oracle/apex_listener/apex_listener.2.0

3. Use CLI to configure Apex 2.0

[oracle@app1 apex_listener.2.0]$ java -jar apex.war
      Mar 14, 2013 11:59:34 AM oracle.dbtools.common.config.file.ConfigurationFolder logConfigFolder
      INFO: Using configuration folder: /u01/app/oracle/apex_listener/config/apex
      Enter the name of the database server [localhost]:db1.localdomain
      Enter the database listen port [1521]:
      Enter 1 to specify the database service name, or 2 to specify the database SID [1]:1
      Enter the database service name:db11g
      Enter the database user name [APEX_PUBLIC_USER]:
      Enter the database password for APEX_PUBLIC_USER:
      Confirm password:
      Enter 1 to enter passwords for the RESTful Services database users (APEX_LISTENER,APEX_REST_PUBLIC_USER), 2 to use the same password as used for APEX_PUBLIC_USER or, 3 to skip this step [1]:3
      Mar 14, 2013 12:00:06 PM oracle.dbtools.common.config.file.ConfigurationFiles update
      INFO: Updated configurations: defaults, apex
      Enter 1 if you wish to start in standalone mode or 2 to exit [1]:2

4. Configure to use SQL Developer

[oracle@app1 apex_listener.2.0]$ java -jar apex.war user adminlistener "Listener Administrator"
      Mar 14, 2013 12:01:10 PM oracle.dbtools.common.config.file.ConfigurationFolder logConfigFolder
      INFO: Using configuration folder: /u01/app/oracle/apex_listener/config/apex
      Enter a password for user adminlistener:
      Confirm password for user adminlistener:
      Mar 14, 2013 12:01:16 PM oracle.dbtools.standalone.ModifyUser execute
      INFO: Created user: adminlistener in file: /u01/app/oracle/apex_listener/config/apex/credentials

5. Added entry to defaults.xml in configdir location :: <entry key="security.verifySSL">false</entry>

6. Deployed apex.war using the Oracle Doc to "apex_app" managed server

7. Deployed i.war using the Oracle Doc to "apex_app" managed server

8. Started both apex.war and i.war "servicing all requests" and Health as "Active" green tick.

9. Shutdown weblogic12c and added element to config.xml
      -<enforce-valid-basic-auth-credentials>false</enforce-valid-basic-auth-credentials>

10. Started all services

11. Checked the "i" install returns application express version 4.2.1

http://app1.localdomain:7010/i/apex_version.txt

12. Checked the apex install and get 404 Not Found.

http://app1.localdomain:7010/apex/

13. No users or roles created in Weblogic12c (as per the older Apex 1.0 notes) - Do I need to do this?

This is where I am stuck? I've read that Apex 2.0 doesn't use the "listenerConfigure" but uses CLI or SQL Developer..? Also read that RESTFUL services need to be setup to configure using SQL Devleoper but then where are scripts to create the APEX_LISTENER and APEX_REST_PUBLIC_USER database users (as they don't exist). Another post mentioned that the Oracle Doc isn't clear and the order is important in "configuring".

If someone could add some clarity or what else I need to do I'd appreciate it? I'm going to snapshot the VM and then carry on "fiddling"...