This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 19, 2013 5:00 AM by 997468 RSS

Deploying a war file

996933 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello All,

I am newbie to weblogic. I tried to deploy a war file and that works fine. But when I change the code in my eclipse, then I can get the change in the web logic.

For instance initially,

my weblogic outputs :

Hello! The time is now Thu Mar 14 10:05:09 EDT 2013 The get path is C:\Oracle\Middleware\user_projects\domains\weblogic_domain\servers\AdminServer\tmp\_WL_user\one\i29k6\war

But now if I edit my code in Eclipse and add "Hellooooo" to the output (i..e this.retPath + "Hellooooo"),
I get

Hello! The time is now Thu Mar 14 10:05:09 EDT 2013 The get path is C:\Oracle\Middleware\user_projects\domains\weblogic_domain\servers\AdminServer\tmp\_WL_user\one\i29k6\warHellooooo

I couldn't figure out, how my java class code is being directly linked with weblogic war file that is deployed, when I am not even rebuilding the war file.
This is really pissing me off. Does anyone has any idea about this?

Thanks,
Neeha

Edited by: 993930 on Mar 14, 2013 7:11 AM
  • 1. Re: Deploying a war file
    Kalyan Pasupuleti-Oracle Expert
    Hi,

Might you are trying to deploy as Update the deployer instead of it try to undeploy the app and deploy it again.

For more try to clear tmp and cache folder under %Domain_Home%/ servers / <servername>/

and try to restart and then deploy it should help you.

Regards,
    Kal
  • 2. Re: Deploying a war file
    996933 Newbie
    Thanks for reply.

I am not sure I got what you meant when you mentioned "Update the deployer". But for my knowledge if you delete from the temp folder it will be created again might be with same/diff name when you redeploy it.

When I went a bit deep into it, I came to know that auto-deployment takes places in development mode. So if your web logic is running whatever modifications you do will be displayed in the console.

To avoid this, you can undeploy or redeploy(guess this is what you mentioned) an application by using weblogic command

For reference,

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11035_01/wls100/deployment/wldeployer.html#wp1008316

Regards,
    Niharika
  • 3. Re: Deploying a war file
    997468 Explorer
    Hi,

From this thread it looks you are using auto-deployment functionality.
    Anything a war, ear or an exploded application if deployed from $WL_HOME/autodeploy admin server keeps a watch on the file present. Admin server will regularly check the last modification time of war and ear and for exploded app search for a file "redeploy" and if it finds modification time has changed, it will auto-deploy the application.

For detail check http://middlewaresupport.wordpress.com/2013/02/20/understanding-weblogic-deployment-techniques/

Thanks,
    Ranjan

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points