This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 21, 2013 3:18 PM by 988459 RSS

Can I run more than one Node Manager per machine?

988459 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hia,

We have a situation in our project where we need to run different domains on a Solaris machine in different java modes.
Say Domain1 should be running in 32bit version of java where as Domain2 should be running in 64bit mode due to the nature of testing currently going on in different domains.
We could successfully get the two domains running in different java modes in parallel by modifying the start scripts to decide which Sud data model to start the servers based on certain parms. However, the pain here is with the Node Manager.

My understanding is that there should be one Node Manager running per machine for all the domains running on that machine. So when ever I have to run a domain in a java mode different to that of what Node Manager is running on, I had to kill the node manager and start it in the same version that I want to start the other servers in since Node Manager uses its starting parms internally to start the Managed Servers (Note: there is no issue in running the Admin Server regardless of the node manager mode as expected).

Can somebody advise me if there is any way to get around this hassle?
I want to know if we can run more than one node manager per machine.

Below are the details of my env.

Weblogic Server 10.3
Solaris 10 SPARC 64 bit (SunOS 5.10 Generic_142900-14 sun4v sparc)
java version "1.6.0_20"

Hope all this makes sense...

Cheers,
Satish.

Edited by: apsnaidu on Mar 15, 2013 3:29 PM

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points