This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Mar 16, 2013 12:20 AM by Chanchal Wankhade RSS

Data Guard questions

997272 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello all,

I am a newbie to data guard.

1) Unless using the real time apply feature, standby redo logs must be archived before the data can be applied to the standby database. Am I correct in my understanding?

2) Can we keep standby database in higher version(11i) and primary database in 10g?

3) Do I need to left blank LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST_2 parameter on Standby Database init parameter?

4) Can we face any problem if we have different LOG_ARCHIVE_FORMAT on the primary and standby site?

Waiting for your valuable reply.

With regards
  • 1. Re: Data Guard questions
    Chanchal Wankhade Journeyer
    Currently Being Moderated
    994269 wrote:
    Hello all,

I am a newbie to data guard.
    Wel come to the data guard
    >
    1) Unless using the real time apply feature, standby redo logs must be archived before the data can be applied to the standby database. Am I correct in my understanding?
    Not uderstand your question.
    2) Can we keep standby database in higher version(11i) and primary database in 10g?
    No. Both the version should be same.
    3) Do I need to left blank LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST_2 parameter on Standby Database init parameter?
    Yes.Until you dont required to send archived log from standby database to any other database. If you have cascaded setup then you would required to set the parameter as required.
    4) Can we face any problem if we have different LOG_ARCHIVE_FORMAT on the primary and standby site?
    Yes. We should keep default log format or shourl be same.
    Waiting for your valuable reply.

With regards

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points