We are planning to upgrade entire hyperion suite from 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206.
Please guide me through any reference documents.
is there any patch available for upgrading 220.127.116.11 to 18.104.22.168 or do we need to do a fresh installation of 22.214.171.124 ?
we can do upgrade in 2 ways:
1. On existing machines, we can upgrade hyperion 126.96.36.199 to 188.8.131.52
2. Install hyperion 184.108.40.206 version on the new servers then collect some files from hyperion 220.127.116.11 version then upgrade the hyperion using epm configurator.
Third option: upgrade from the earlier release 18.104.22.168+
Here: for shared services data, you have run hssmigrate.bat
for Essbase data, you have to run Essmigratetool.bat file.
you can find these files in the extracted hyperion software folder, named as "Migration"
Refer: upgrade from the earlier release.
Please mark the replies as helpful or correct
Though your question is on the different ways to upgrade, I would still suggest you -
1. To check the application stability in current 22.214.171.124 release.
2. To check for any native formulas which are defined in Essbase (tagged as HSP_UDF in Planning).
3. To check whether the members in application library and dimension library are in sync (if members are shared), if not note the difference, as LCM migration will bring the properties from the Shared library; for instance if there are any additional MF's or whether the members are tagged for Two Pass calc etc.
follow the instructions from epm_install_1112200---> upgrade section.
first we have to collect all the data, whatever we need for upgrade as mentioned in the document(epm_install_1112200)
for Shared services, we have to hssmigrate.bat file in the Foundation server(verify 32 bit and 64 bit)
for Essbase, we have to run essStage.bat http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E17236_01/epm.1112/epm_install_11121/frameset.htm?ch05s06s03s01.html
for remaining products, we have to copy some files as mentioned in the document
please mark the replies as helpful or correct