5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 18, 2013 9:23 AM by InoL RSS

need one space between text and border line

Please, help me.

Is there any way to offset the text from the border a bit?
      I would like to have a black line around some boilerplate text, but the text is always butted against the border. Is there a way to offset the text a bit ?

I've been searching in this forum and google and didn't find the answer yet.

Thanks,

Lan
        • 1. Re: need one space between text and border line
          HamidHelal
          Lan_Desu wrote:
          Please, help me.

I would like to have a black line around some boilerplate text, but the text is always butted against the border. Is there a way to offset the text a bit ?

Hi, Lan
          if yo want to place a line you may choose underline option. Otherwise take a line/draw a line and keep space between the text and line.

Hope this helps

Hamid
          • 2. Re: need one space between text and border line
            HamidHelal wrote:
            Lan_Desu wrote:
            Please, help me.

Hi, Lan
            if yo want to place a line you may choose underline option. Otherwise take a line/draw a line and keep space between the text and line.

Hope this helps

Hamid
            Is there a way easily?
            I already know that that solution. But it is troublesome when I face editing later - I have to edit all of it.
            But thanks for the answer :)
            • 3. Re: need one space between text and border line
              HamidHelal
              Lan_Desu wrote:

Is there a way easily?
              I already know that that solution. But it is troublesome when I face editing later - I have to edit all of it.
              But thanks for the answer :)
              :)
              I work in this way. So, i just shared. :)
              • 4. Re: need one space between text and border line
                InoL
                There is no option for that. You can try these workarounds:
                - Center the text in the field, so you have some space to the left and right.
                - Put a frame around the text field and leave a bit of space between this frame and the text. Now, give the frame a border, instead of the text field.
                • 5. Re: need one space between text and border line
                  InoL
                  Double post.

Edited by: InoL on Mar 18, 2013 10:23 AM