This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 17 Replies Latest reply: Mar 18, 2013 11:05 PM by TSharma-Oracle Go to original post RSS
  • 15. Re: ORA-1652: unable to extend temp segment by 128 in tablespace
    TSharma-Oracle Guru
    Currently Being Moderated
    how can you say bad query cause this rather than space constraint...please explain.....
    Any bad query in the loop doing heavy unnecessary sorts can take any amount of temporary tablespace. First it uses your sort area and then it goes for your physical files. I hope it is clear. These are Oracle Basics. I never said "there is any query" I said "there could be a query" where we can take a look.

I do not know why are you being defensive Sr DBA. I am not the only one who said this to you. There are other users in the forum who mentioned the same thing to you. We are just trying to say that you will need to understand the problem because it could ruin somebody's database.
  • 16. Re: ORA-1652: unable to extend temp segment by 128 in tablespace
    606331 Explorer
    TSharma wrote:
    how can you say bad query cause this rather than space constraint...please explain.....
    Any bad query in the loop doing heavy unnecessary sorts can take any amount of temporary tablespace. First it uses your sort area and then it goes for your physical files. I hope it is clear. These are Oracle Basics. I never said "there is any query" I said "there could be a query" where we can take a look.

I do not know why are you being defensive Sr DBA. I am not the only one who said this to you. There are other users in the forum who mentioned the same thing to you. We are just trying to say that you will need to understand the problem because it could ruin somebody's database.
    we can't say that query is bad query causing ORA-1652 right.....did he(OP) said bad query causing this issue.....we are all faced same error some time back...thats why i was suspecting it might be a cause of space constraints...... why can't be the cause huge report genaration will be ORA-1652 tmp table space issue....

here its not the issue with bad query causing the issue.. ..etccc.......
    OP is asking about
    Before that I have only one tablespace TEMP and no group and I was not facing this error. After creating TEMP2 and tablespace group I am facing this error
    please answer that then....comment others.....

thanks,
    DBC,
    Sr DBA,
    OCE.

Edited by: dbc001 on Mar 19, 2013 8:43 AM
  • 17. Re: ORA-1652: unable to extend temp segment by 128 in tablespace
    TSharma-Oracle Guru
    Geez, I quit...You are most welcome to help OP.
1 2 Previous Next

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points