1 Reply Latest reply: Mar 18, 2013 9:15 AM by sb92075 RSS

How to know the Special character?

I am using Release 10.2.0.1.0 version of oracle. I am getting a special character, but i suspect it as any other language caharacter.
      Its appearing in my 'TOAD editor/Sql prompt editor' as 'A?'. but when i am selecting it from the table using below query, its giving 'No rows Returned'.

select id from tab1 where id like 'A%';

Please let me know, how can i be able to see the exact character or which editor will enable me to see the character?
      I think sql developer GUI might be able to show the same but i dont have sql developer with me.
        • 1. Re: How to know the Special character?
          sb92075
          930254 wrote:
          I am using Release 10.2.0.1.0 version of oracle. I am getting a special character, but i suspect it as any other language caharacter.
          Its appearing in my 'TOAD editor/Sql prompt editor' as 'A?'. but when i am selecting it from the table using below query, its giving 'No rows Returned'.

select id from tab1 where id like 'A%';

Please let me know, how can i be able to see the exact character or which editor will enable me to see the character?
          I think sql developer GUI might be able to show the same but i dont have sql developer with me.
          select ASCIISTR(id) from tab1 where id like 'A%';