Multiple Details Blocks

Hi All,

I have created detail within detail block
      example
      Master block is - B1
      Detail Block is - B2
      B3(Detail block of B2)
      B4(Detail block of B3)

When I enter in B3 block. First time No problem is coming but when click on 2nd record on B3 block, that time message is coming

"Do you want to save the changes you have made"

Please tell me what is solution of such type requirement.

With Regards,
      chandra Shekhar
        • 1. Re: Multiple Details Blocks
          HamidHelal
          983576 wrote:
          Hi All,

I have created detail within detail block
          example
          Master block is - B1
          Detail Block is - B2
          B3(Detail block of B2)
          B4(Detail block of B3)

When I enter in B3 block. First time No problem is coming but when click on 2nd record on B3 block, that time message is coming

Please tell me what is solution of such type requirement.
          Hi, chandra Shekhar
          It's the normal behavior of forms. most probably you are entering date at block B4 associate to first record of Block B3. then want to navigate to second record of block B3. right ?

More over, this question asked several times in forum. just search at forms forum. for exact search use this
          Hope this helps

Hamid

Mark correct/helpful to help others to get right answer(s).*

Edited by: HamidHelal on Mar 19, 2013 3:11 PM
          • 2. Re: Multiple Details Blocks
            GregorM
            Hi.

Chandra what are you experiencing is normal/default behavior of Oracle Forms when using relationship between to database blocks. The reason for this is the automatically generated code when defining relations. In depth reason is forms are issuing execute_query for detailed block whenever navigation between records in master block happens. When execute_query is issued the changed values must be commited or rollbacked as the form does not keep all the records in "block's memory".

I agree in some situations this can be annoying but there is no built-in parameter to overcome this behavior. What you can do though is to make non-database blocks. But in this case you will have to program all the logic(DML operations) manually.

Best regards.