6 Replies Latest reply: Mar 25, 2013 12:03 AM by Abhinav RSS

OSB: Soap 1.1 and Soap 1.2

Hello i am tasked with a wsdl file that contains two port types one with soap 1.1 and the other with soap 1.2

Now I need both the soap 1.1 and soap 1.2 to be available to the end user

however in osb when creating the proxy service i am forced to choose either hte soap 1.1 binding or the soap 1.2 binding... will i have to create two separate proxy services for each or is there a way to have it where one proxy service can support both soap types?
        • 1. Re: OSB: Soap 1.1 and Soap 1.2
          Any ideas anyone?

Basically trying to support SOAP 1.1 and 1.2 in the same endpoint.

Edited by: 960635 on Mar 20, 2013 10:21 AM
          • 2. Re: OSB: Soap 1.1 and Soap 1.2
            vladodias
            You have to choose a binding or a port when implementing a wsdl proxy service... So you need two proxy services... I believe you can create two proxies as interfaces and a third one as implementation to prevent duplications, use local transport to call proxy to proxy...

Cheers,
            Vlad
            • 3. Re: OSB: Soap 1.1 and Soap 1.2
              Do you have an example of what you are referring to?
              • 4. Re: OSB: Soap 1.1 and Soap 1.2
                What you can try is:-
                PS1 based on soap 1.1---------
                PS 2 based on soap 1.2 ----- from both these PS call another Prxoy service PS3 which is of type local.
                Use PS1 and PS2 only to receive messages and then call the PS3 from these 2. Have all your implementation in PS3.
                • 5. Re: OSB: Soap 1.1 and Soap 1.2
                  Hmm I did that and it works fine now my question is

How come a SOAP 1.2 request can go through the whole flow even though the local PS and provider BS I chose the SOAP 1.1 ports?

Why does it only matter in the endpoint request?
                  • 6. Re: OSB: Soap 1.1 and Soap 1.2
                    Abhinav
                    How come a SOAP 1.2 request can go through the whole flow even though the local PS and provider BS I chose the SOAP 1.1 ports?
                    Make your PS_3 as Any XML Service proxy service and the select Local Transport.
                    come a SOAP 1.2 request can go through the whole flow even though the local PS and provider BS I chose the SOAP 1.1 ports?
                    Your PS_3 can accept both SOAP1.1 and SOAP1.2 as it's based on Any XML service.

Regards,
                    Abhinav