This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 20, 2013 10:20 AM by LaserSoft RSS

Configure Oracle Grid Infrastructure for a standalone server

946717 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
As I understand and as the following doc indicated, to install Oracle database, I'd have to install Grid Infrastructure first. I am not configuring RAC/cluster, only on a standalone server.

I executed runinstaller, and choose " install the software only", then after I selected "configure oralce grid infrastructure for a standalone server", I am getting the following error:
[INS-40410] The installer has detected a configured instance of Oracle Grid Infrastructure software on the system

Please advice how this instance have been configured, and how to remove it before I can proceed?

Thanks!
  • 1. Re: Configure Oracle Grid Infrastructure for a standalone server
    sb92075 Guru
    943714 wrote:
    As I understand and as the following doc indicated, to install Oracle database, I'd have to install Grid Infrastructure first. I am not configuring RAC/cluster, only on a standalone server.

I executed runinstaller, and choose " install the software only", then after I selected "configure oralce grid infrastructure for a standalone server", I am getting the following error:
    [INS-40410] The installer has detected a configured instance of Oracle Grid Infrastructure software on the system

Please advice how this instance have been configured, and how to remove it before I can proceed?

Thanks!
    what is OS name & version?

How do I ask a question on the forums?
    SQL and PL/SQL FAQ
  • 2. Re: Configure Oracle Grid Infrastructure for a standalone server
    VinayMummadi Newbie
    as per oracle docs the errors clearly says-

Cause: You have chosen to install and configure a new instance of grid software (Oracle Clusterware and ASM). However, only one configured instance of the software is allowed on the system at a time. Action: You must deconfigure the existing grid software before installing and configuring a new instance of the software.

Action: You must deconfigure the existing Grid Infrastructure software before installing and configuring a new instance of the software.

Please follow the below oracle doc. for deinstalling the grid s/w-
    http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/install.112/e24169/rem_orcl.htm

Thanks,
    -Vinay
  • 3. Re: Configure Oracle Grid Infrastructure for a standalone server
    LaserSoft Journeyer
    Hi Friend,

Example : Oracle 11g R2 (11.2.0.3.0) comes with 6 to 7 Zip files in Oracle Metalink.

1. 1 & 2 zip files for Oracle Software
    2. 3 Zip file for Oracle Grid Software (ASM includes)
    3. If it is Redhat Linux 5.x Or Oracle Linux 5.x Or SUse Linux 11.x means you have to download ASM LIB packages for ASM miantenance.

Installation Steps :

1. Install GRID software
    2. Configure ASMLIB
    3. Install Oracle Software
    4. Configure ASM Disk Groups
    5. Create Oracle Database

Hope it Helps.....

Thanks
    LaserSoft

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points