I have 2 RAC environment having 13 Production database with version 10.2.0.4 of database, clusterware and ASM on Windows server 2008 64 bit.
Now I need to apply patchset 10.2.0.5 on ONLY one database due to BUG. Instead of apply patchset on all RAC database and upgrade planning for only one affected database. I need to below clarification -
1. I am planning to apply patchset 10.2.0.5 on clusterware and ASM only.
2. Planning to install 10.2.0.5 on new oracle home.
3. Planning to upgrade one affected database from 10.2.0.4 to 10.2.0.5.
QUESTION HERE -
1. Will above plan work for one database only.
2. Will clusterware and ASM (10.2.0.5)will support both ORACLE_HOME (10.2.0.4 and 10.2.0.5) databases
3. How we can setup clusterware for this new ORACLE_HOME (10.2.0.5) DATABASEs.
Yes it is possible to have multiple ORACLE_HOMES inside a Oracle GRID infrastructure. To check the supported and compatibility My Oracle Support for this.
1. check compatibility of the components and make the design for your listener
2. Upgrade ASM en clusterware. to 10.2.0.5
3. Install new oracle software tree 10.2.0.5
4. upgrade one database to 10.2.0.5
keep in mind the Oracle Cluster Registry for this database has to change
Jos van den Oord
Blog : http://joordsblog.vandenoord.eu/
Company : http://www.transfer-solutions.com/