3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 21, 2013 10:07 AM by Tommyreynolds-Oracle RSS

Yum upgrade all packages problem (SOLVED)

I keep getting this error when trying to do a YUM UPGRADE ALL?
      Oracle Linux 6.4

Loaded plugins: refresh-packagekit, security
      Cleaning repos: epel ol6_UEK_latest ol6_latest virtualmin virtualmin-universal
      Cleaning up Everything
      Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: epel. Please verify its path and try again

Edited by: 981499 on Mar 20, 2013 7:23 PM
        • 1. Re: Yum upgrade all packages problem
          User12611628-Oracle
          Looks like you have a problem with 'epel' repo that you have configured. Check the 'epel' repo configuration. It should be under the /etc/yum.repos.d directory. You may want to disable it and try.
          • 2. Re: Yum upgrade all packages problem
            I tried deleting it but still no luck.
            Reinstalled it and no go either.

With it elrepo deleted this is the error I get.

Upgrading all packages with command yum clean all ; yum -y update ..

Cleaning repos: ol6_UEK_latest ol6_latest virtualmin virtualmin-universal
            Cleaning up Everything
            *http://public-yum.oracle.com/repo/OracleLinux/OL6/UEK/latest/x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 14] PYCURL ERROR 6 - "Couldn't resolve host 'public-yum.oracle.com'"*
            Trying other mirror.
            Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: ol6_UEK_latest. Please verify its path and try again
            *.. upgrade failed!*

Edited by: 981499 on Mar 20, 2013 6:43 PM
            • 3. Re: Yum upgrade all packages problem
              Tommyreynolds-Oracle
              http://public-yum.oracle.com/repo/OracleLinux/OL6/UEK/latest/x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 14] PYCURL ERROR 6 - "Couldn't resolve host 'public-yum.oracle.com'"
              This is a failure in name resolution, related to your DNS resolver setup in the "/etc/resolv.conf" file.

Can you get to the Internet from this machine? Can you reach www.google.com?