I am starting to develop a multilingual application which will include both english and thai.
The problem Im having is that the browser displays only garbage when Im fetching a report on a table that includes Thai characters in a column.
What Im seeing is something like this:
Language Id Short Name
0 ENG English
1 THA à¸à¸à¹à¸à¸¢
Things that I have checked:
- The database character set is AL32UTF8
- The same is set for NLS_LANG when starting the database, listener, OHS
- The same is configured in dads.conf
- The browser is set to Unicode as well ( and can display normal thai websites without any problems)
I have tested on a windows 7 client, as well as locally to the database on the linux box using firefox, both show the same result.
In xterm I have no problems inserting and querying thai characters. Its all shown correctly.
I tried with chinese characters as well, and I see the same result.
Sorry to interrupt you in this thread, Me too having the saming requirement of displaying my apex application in both Arabic and English.
Hence i have accomplished of displaying the page name, labels, and all the other stuff related to page in arabic expect the data, im not sure of displaying the data in arabic soon after the user select the Arabic language.
From your thread i can see that you are seeing your data in Thai it seems, if you dont mind can you share the stesp you did for showing the data in thai so that i can try the same for my Arabic too.