3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 27, 2013 1:43 AM by 998337 RSS

OEM12C Upgrade Question

I have a couple of questions that bother me regarding the upgrade process from 11g to 12c:

1. After deploying the 12c agents using pre-upgrade console-
      - Are the 12c agents really running in a kind of "sleep state"? What port are they using?
      - Will they take over the port (default 3872) used by the 11g/10g agent once the switch is made?

2. Regarding the accrued data transfer:
      - Will I see a data transfer job for each agent ? or will there be one job for all agents?
      - How often do these jobs run?

Many thanks in advance,
      Dan
        • 1. Re: OEM12C Upgrade Question
          Akanksha Sheoran Kaler
          Hi Dan,

1) 12.1.0.x agent is just lying there with bits. The process is not up and running.
          During switchover - old agent is shutdown the new agent 12.1.0.x reclaims the same port and start running, collecting data

2) Yes you will ADDM (Accrued Data Migration) for each target type. By default, for every target, the accrued data migration job migrates the ECM history details as well as the metric details.
          To know more details http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E24628_01/upgrade.121/e22625/upgrading_10205_111_PS1_postupgrade.htm#CIAECFEF
          • 2. Re: OEM12C Upgrade Question
            Akanksha Sheoran Kaler
            Hi Dan,

1) 12.1.0.x agent is just lying there with bits. The process is not up and running.
            During switchover - old agent is shutdown the new agent 12.1.0.x reclaims the same port and start running, collecting data

2) Yes you will ADDM (Accrued Data Migration) for each target type. By default, for every target, the accrued data migration job migrates the ECM history details as well as the metric details.
            To know more details http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E24628_01/upgrade.121/e22625/upgrading_10205_111_PS1_postupgrade.htm#CIAECFEF
            • 3. Re: OEM12C Upgrade Question
              This is very helpful.

Thanks!