2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 22, 2013 11:02 AM by Srini VEERAVALLI

Configuration question

Hi,

i have some doubts on obiee, can any one give answers for below questions.

1)What is the relation/connection between Bi Server and Presentation server?
      2)If suppose we usually give security on reports and dashboards,where does it stores ?

Regards,
      Obi
        • 1. Re: Configuration question
          prassu
          HI,

1)What is the relation/connection between Bi Server and Presentation server?
          When we request for any report the Presentation server will generate the logical query and send to BI server then the BI server will generate the physical query from the physical layer in the RPD and fired against to Db depends on the DB credentials which is existed in the connection pool.

2)If suppose we usually give security on reports and dashboards,where does it stores ?
          All the objects related to the webcat which will be stored in the catalog manger...as per knowledge..

If wrong can anyon please eloborate...

mark if helpful/correct..

thanks,
          prassu
          1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Configuration question
            Srini VEERAVALLI
            I'll add a little for the 1Q;

We all know that we got 2 servers ie. BI Server and Presentation server
            BI Server uses RPD as metadata and this server listens all NQ****.ini files from config folder.

Presentation server; Logically sits on BI Server and dependent on BI Server to cater services to users
            This would listen .xml files from config folder

If you need more details I would suggest to read BI Architecture

If it make sense mark

Edited by: Srini VEERAVALLI on Mar 22, 2013 5:58 AM