3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 23, 2013 10:03 AM by Vamsi Krishna RSS

OID connector installation

Is there a connector server install required?

I have unzipped the OID connector into the OIM- ConnectorDefaultDirectory and from Admin Console load the connector. I have referred various blogs on this and they say above steps should be sufficient.
      However the Connector guide refers to a install of connector server? Is this optional?
        • 1. Re: OID connector installation
          Vamsi Krishna
          It depends on the following scenarios:
          You can deploy this connector either locally in Oracle Identity Manager ( i.e, the OIM and OID are deployed in the same machine).
          If you have your OID, then installation of Connector Server is required. A Connector Server enables remote execution of an Identity Connector.

Cheers,
          Vamsi.
          • 2. Re: OID connector installation
            Thanks Vamsi. OID and OIM are separate hosts. So in this case Connector Server is required? If yes then is ssl required between connector server and OIM? With new ICF release ssl is not mandatory?
            Also are there any manual tasks like creation of User Accounts required -like oimAdminUser?
            • 3. Re: OID connector installation
              Vamsi Krishna
              If they are on separate hosts and as you are using OID connector - yes, you have to use connector server to connect remotely.
              Configuring SSL is not mandatory - However, if you want to configure connector for SSL, refer: http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E22999_01/doc.111/e28603/deploy.htm#BGBHHEAB

User accounts that are required for OID connector installation, refer: http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E22999_01/doc.111/e28603/deploy.htm#BGBDBGIE

P.S: Just as a suggestion, you can enable LDAP sync (OOTB feature) in OIM, which does not need any connector server to be installed if installed on different host also. But, you may need to install OVD, where there will be two adapters configured that communicates with OIM and OID.

Cheers,
              Vamsi.