This discussion is archived
8 Replies Latest reply: Mar 25, 2013 10:17 AM by AdamKo RSS

OpenJFX Build Issue

AdamKo Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Just checked out OpenJFX code from the repository and build the distribution following "https://wikis.oracle.com/display/OpenJDK/Building+OpenJFX" wiki. All went more or less fine but it looks like that the build missed out part of the "com.sun.javafx.accessible" package.
Compared to jdk1.8.0-b82 distribution this package should contain "providers" and "utils" sub-packages which are both missing.
I have used jfxrt.jar from jdk1.8.0-b82 and the same distribution to compile the code as well.

I cannot see any errors in the build log - has anyone seen/solved this issue?
  • 1. Re: OpenJFX Build Issue
    KonradZuse Explorer
    Have you ever used any other builds? I am on 79, apprently 80-81 had some chart issues, but I didnt' hear about anything relating to using code...

82 is brand new though, could you please try downloading one of the older builds here: http://jdk8.java.net/archive/index.html

Also once you install the JRE/JDK you should be able to create a FX applications right away... I use NETBEANS IDE which also needs to be the Lambda8Version I believe.... All I did was just create a new FX for 1.8 and it seems to still working fine. I'll try out 82 and see what happens.
  • 2. Re: OpenJFX Build Issue
    jsmith Guru
    I think the accessibility compilation thing is a known thing that will be fixed in the next week check the recent open-jfx mailing list for info.

http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/openjfx-dev/2013-March/006661.html
  • 3. Re: OpenJFX Build Issue
    RichardBair Journeyer
    I actually had this working on b82. If you run the gradle build script with --info it will provide some guidance. A couple of very critical things:

1) Make sure you're trying to build the graphics forest, NOT the master forest. The Master forest won't get the latest upgrades until next week.
    2) Make sure BINARY_STUB (which is printed out when you use --info) is pointing to the jfxrt.jar from b82

Richard
  • 4. Re: OpenJFX Build Issue
    AdamKo Newbie
    Thanks for the pointers. Managed to make a bit of progress but getting a NPE during the build - see below.
    (By the way what is the difference between the graphics and master forests?)

Regards,
    Adam

This is what I did:

cd open-jfx
    hg clone http://hg.openjdk.java.net/openjfx/8/graphics
    cd graphics
    mkdir -p artifacts/sdk/rt/lib/ext
    cp <PATH TO JDK>jre/lib/ext/jfxrt.jar artifacts/sdk/rt/lib/ext (jfxrt.jar from b82)
    hg clone http://hg.openjdk.java.net/openjfx/8/graphics/rt
    cd rt
    gradle -b generator.gradle
    cd ../javafx

$ gradle stacktrace info sdk
    Starting Build
    Settings evaluated using settings file 'D:\Projects\JavaFX\JavaFX-OpenJFX\open-jfx\graphics\javafx\settings.gradle'.
    Projects loaded. Root project using build file 'D:\Projects\JavaFX\JavaFX-OpenJFX\open-jfx\graphics\javafx\build.gradle'.
    Included projects: [root project 'javafx', project ':base', project ':build-tools', project ':controls', project ':designTime', project ':fxml', project ':graphics', project ':swing', project ':swt', project ':graphics:effects-jsl', project ':graphics:prism-jsl']
    Evaluating root project 'javafx' using build file 'D:\Projects\JavaFX\JavaFX-OpenJFX\open-jfx\graphics\javafx\build.gradle'.
    OS_NAME: windows 7
    JAVA_HOME: C:\Progra~1\Java\jdk1.8.0-b82\jre
    JDK_HOME: C:\Progra~1\Java\jdk1.8.0-b82
    BINARY_STUB: ../artifacts/sdk/rt/lib/ext/jfxrt.jar
    HUDSON_JOB_NAME: not_hudson
    HUDSON_BUILD_NUMBER: 0000
    PROMOTED_BUILD_NUMBER: 00
    PRODUCT_NAME: OpenJFX
    RAW_VERSION: 8.0.0
    RELEASE_NAME: 8.0
    RELEASE_MILESTONE: ea
    The CompileOptions.useAnt property has been deprecated and is scheduled to be removed in Gradle 2.0. There is no replacement for this property.
    Evaluating project ':base' using empty build file.
    Evaluating project ':build-tools' using empty build file.
    Evaluating project ':controls' using empty build file.
    Evaluating project ':designTime' using empty build file.
    Evaluating project ':fxml' using empty build file.
    Evaluating project ':graphics' using empty build file.
    Evaluating project ':swing' using empty build file.
    Evaluating project ':swt' using empty build file.
    Evaluating project ':graphics:effects-jsl' using empty build file.
    Evaluating project ':graphics:prism-jsl' using empty build file.
    All projects evaluated.
    Selected primary task 'sdk'

... etc ......
    ... etc ......

* Exception is:
    org.gradle.api.tasks.TaskExecutionException: Execution failed for task ':graphics:ccDecora'.
    at org.gradle.api.internal.tasks.execution.ExecuteActionsTaskExecuter.executeActions(ExecuteActionsTaskExecuter.java:72)
    at org.gradle.api.internal.tasks.execution.ExecuteActionsTaskExecuter.execute(ExecuteActionsTaskExecuter.java:49)
    at org.gradle.api.internal.tasks.execution.PostExecutionAnalysisTaskExecuter.execute(PostExecutionAnalysisTaskExecuter.java:34)
    at org.gradle.api.internal.changedetection.CacheLockHandlingTaskExecuter$1.run(CacheLockHandlingTaskExecuter.java:34)
    at org.gradle.internal.Factories$1.create(Factories.java:22)
    at org.gradle.cache.internal.DefaultCacheAccess.longRunningOperation(DefaultCacheAccess.java:179)
    at org.gradle.cache.internal.DefaultCacheAccess.longRunningOperation(DefaultCacheAccess.java:232)
    at org.gradle.cache.internal.DefaultPersistentDirectoryStore.longRunningOperation(DefaultPersistentDirectoryStore.java:142)
    at org.gradle.api.internal.changedetection.DefaultTaskArtifactStateCacheAccess.longRunningOperation(DefaultTaskArtifactStateCacheAccess.java:83)
    at org.gradle.api.internal.changedetection.CacheLockHandlingTaskExecuter.execute(CacheLockHandlingTaskExecuter.java:32)
    at org.gradle.api.internal.tasks.execution.SkipUpToDateTaskExecuter.execute(SkipUpToDateTaskExecuter.java:55)
    at org.gradle.api.internal.tasks.execution.ValidatingTaskExecuter.execute(ValidatingTaskExecuter.java:57)
    at org.gradle.api.internal.tasks.execution.SkipEmptySourceFilesTaskExecuter.execute(SkipEmptySourceFilesTaskExecuter.java:41)
    at org.gradle.api.internal.tasks.execution.SkipTaskWithNoActionsExecuter.execute(SkipTaskWithNoActionsExecuter.java:51)
    at org.gradle.api.internal.tasks.execution.SkipOnlyIfTaskExecuter.execute(SkipOnlyIfTaskExecuter.java:52)
    at org.gradle.api.internal.tasks.execution.ExecuteAtMostOnceTaskExecuter.execute(ExecuteAtMostOnceTaskExecuter.java:42)
    at org.gradle.api.internal.AbstractTask.executeWithoutThrowingTaskFailure(AbstractTask.java:275)
    at org.gradle.execution.taskgraph.DefaultTaskPlanExecutor.executeTask(DefaultTaskPlanExecutor.java:52)
    at org.gradle.execution.taskgraph.DefaultTaskPlanExecutor.processTask(DefaultTaskPlanExecutor.java:38)
    at org.gradle.execution.taskgraph.DefaultTaskPlanExecutor.process(DefaultTaskPlanExecutor.java:30)
    at org.gradle.execution.taskgraph.DefaultTaskGraphExecuter.execute(DefaultTaskGraphExecuter.java:84)
    at org.gradle.execution.SelectedTaskExecutionAction.execute(SelectedTaskExecutionAction.java:29)
    at org.gradle.execution.DefaultBuildExecuter.execute(DefaultBuildExecuter.java:61)
    at org.gradle.execution.DefaultBuildExecuter.access$200(DefaultBuildExecuter.java:23)
    at org.gradle.execution.DefaultBuildExecuter$2.proceed(DefaultBuildExecuter.java:67)
    at org.gradle.api.internal.changedetection.TaskCacheLockHandlingBuildExecuter$1.run(TaskCacheLockHandlingBuildExecuter.java:31)
    at org.gradle.internal.Factories$1.create(Factories.java:22)
    at org.gradle.cache.internal.DefaultCacheAccess.useCache(DefaultCacheAccess.java:124)
    at org.gradle.cache.internal.DefaultCacheAccess.useCache(DefaultCacheAccess.java:112)
    at org.gradle.cache.internal.DefaultPersistentDirectoryStore.useCache(DefaultPersistentDirectoryStore.java:134)
    at org.gradle.api.internal.changedetection.DefaultTaskArtifactStateCacheAccess.useCache(DefaultTaskArtifactStateCacheAccess.java:79)
    at org.gradle.api.internal.changedetection.TaskCacheLockHandlingBuildExecuter.execute(TaskCacheLockHandlingBuildExecuter.java:29)
    at org.gradle.execution.DefaultBuildExecuter.execute(DefaultBuildExecuter.java:61)
    at org.gradle.execution.DefaultBuildExecuter.access$200(DefaultBuildExecuter.java:23)
    at org.gradle.execution.DefaultBuildExecuter$2.proceed(DefaultBuildExecuter.java:67)
    at org.gradle.execution.DryRunBuildExecutionAction.execute(DryRunBuildExecutionAction.java:32)
    at org.gradle.execution.DefaultBuildExecuter.execute(DefaultBuildExecuter.java:54)
    at org.gradle.initialization.DefaultGradleLauncher.doBuildStages(DefaultGradleLauncher.java:165)
    at org.gradle.initialization.DefaultGradleLauncher.doBuild(DefaultGradleLauncher.java:113)
    at org.gradle.initialization.DefaultGradleLauncher.run(DefaultGradleLauncher.java:81)
    at org.gradle.launcher.cli.ExecuteBuildAction.run(ExecuteBuildAction.java:38)
    at org.gradle.launcher.exec.InProcessGradleLauncherActionExecuter.execute(InProcessGradleLauncherActionExecuter.java:39)
    at org.gradle.launcher.exec.InProcessGradleLauncherActionExecuter.execute(InProcessGradleLauncherActionExecuter.java:25)
    at org.gradle.launcher.cli.RunBuildAction.run(RunBuildAction.java:50)
    at org.gradle.api.internal.Actions$RunnableActionAdapter.execute(Actions.java:171)
    at org.gradle.launcher.cli.CommandLineActionFactory$ParseAndBuildAction.execute(CommandLineActionFactory.java:201)
    at org.gradle.launcher.cli.CommandLineActionFactory$ParseAndBuildAction.execute(CommandLineActionFactory.java:174)
    at org.gradle.launcher.cli.CommandLineActionFactory$WithLogging.execute(CommandLineActionFactory.java:170)
    at org.gradle.launcher.cli.CommandLineActionFactory$WithLogging.execute(CommandLineActionFactory.java:139)
    at org.gradle.launcher.cli.ExceptionReportingAction.execute(ExceptionReportingAction.java:33)
    at org.gradle.launcher.cli.ExceptionReportingAction.execute(ExceptionReportingAction.java:22)
    at org.gradle.launcher.Main.doAction(Main.java:48)
    at org.gradle.launcher.bootstrap.EntryPoint.run(EntryPoint.java:45)
    at org.gradle.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:39)
    at org.gradle.launcher.bootstrap.ProcessBootstrap.runNoExit(ProcessBootstrap.java:50)
    at org.gradle.launcher.bootstrap.ProcessBootstrap.run(ProcessBootstrap.java:32)
    at org.gradle.launcher.GradleMain.main(GradleMain.java:26)
    Caused by: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.NullPointerException
    at java_util_concurrent_Future$get.call(Unknown Source)
    at CCTask$_compile_closure6.doCall(D:\Projects\JavaFX\JavaFX-OpenJFX\open-jfx\graphics\javafx\build.gradle:431)
    at CCTask.compile(D:\Projects\JavaFX\JavaFX-OpenJFX\open-jfx\graphics\javafx\build.gradle:431)
    at org.gradle.api.internal.BeanDynamicObject$MetaClassAdapter.invokeMethod(BeanDynamicObject.java:216)
    at org.gradle.api.internal.BeanDynamicObject.invokeMethod(BeanDynamicObject.java:122)
    at org.gradle.api.internal.CompositeDynamicObject.invokeMethod(CompositeDynamicObject.java:147)
    at CCTask_Decorated.invokeMethod(Unknown Source)
    at org.gradle.util.ReflectionUtil.invoke(ReflectionUtil.groovy:23)
    at org.gradle.api.internal.project.taskfactory.AnnotationProcessingTaskFactory$4.execute(AnnotationProcessingTaskFactory.java:161)
    at org.gradle.api.internal.project.taskfactory.AnnotationProcessingTaskFactory$4.execute(AnnotationProcessingTaskFactory.java:156)
    at org.gradle.api.internal.AbstractTask$TaskActionWrapper.execute(AbstractTask.java:510)
    at org.gradle.api.internal.AbstractTask$TaskActionWrapper.execute(AbstractTask.java:499)
    at org.gradle.api.internal.tasks.execution.ExecuteActionsTaskExecuter.executeActions(ExecuteActionsTaskExecuter.java:64)
    ... 57 more
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
    at org.gradle.process.internal.DefaultProcessForkOptions.getActualEnvironment(DefaultProcessForkOptions.java:75)
    at org.gradle.process.internal.AbstractExecHandleBuilder.build(AbstractExecHandleBuilder.java:127)
    at org.gradle.process.internal.DefaultExecAction.execute(DefaultExecAction.java:36)
    at org.gradle.api.internal.file.DefaultFileOperations.exec(DefaultFileOperations.java:161)
    at org.gradle.api.internal.project.AbstractProject.exec(AbstractProject.java:832)
    at org.gradle.api.internal.ProcessOperations$exec.call(Unknown Source)
    at CCTask$1.run(D:\Projects\JavaFX\JavaFX-OpenJFX\open-jfx\graphics\javafx\build.gradle:395)
  • 5. Re: OpenJFX Build Issue
    RichardBair Journeyer
    Huzzah! You're now in the hard part -- getting a native build environment setup. I see you are on windows so:
    - Do you have cygwin installed? I assume so since you started off with unix like commands (or maybe you just copy & pasted that part)? I have only tested with Cygwin since it is presently a requirement for building JavaFX on windows (because of the make files. The gradle build doesn't use make files, but the WebKit & GStreamer builds which are still closed do require Cygwin, so internally I still need it, hence I have only tested with Cygwin so far).
    - Check out the win.gradle file. This contains windows-specific native build settings:
    ext.CC_PARAMS = ["/nologo", "/W3", "/EHsc", "/c",
            "/D_STATIC_CPP_LIB", "/D_DISABLE_DEPRECATE_STATIC_CPPLIB", "/DINLINE=__inline",
            "/DUNICODE", "/D_UNICODE", "/DWIN32", "/DIAL", "/D_LITTLE_ENDIAN", "/DWIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN",
            "/I$JDK_HOME/include", "/I$JDK_HOME/include/win32", "/arch:SSE", "/fp:fast",
            IS_DEBUG ? ["/MDd", "/Od", "/Zi", "/DDEBUG"] : ["/O2", "/MD"]].flatten();

ext.LINK_PARAMS = ["/nologo", "/dll", "/manifest", "/opt:REF", "/incremental:no"];
    if (IS_DEBUG) LINK_PARAMS.add("/debug");

// Check to see whether $buildDir/windows_tools.properties file exists. If not, then generate it.
    // Once generated, we need to read the properties file to help us define the defaults for this
    // block of properties
    File windows_tools = file("$buildDir/windows_tools.properties");
    //outputs.file = windows_tools;
    if (!windows_tools.exists()) {
        // Create the properties file
        windows_tools.getParentFile().mkdirs();
        windows_tools.createNewFile();
        ByteArrayOutputStream results = new ByteArrayOutputStream();
        exec({
            environment([
                    "WINSDKPATH" : "",
                    "CONF"       : CONF, // TODO does this mean the generated properties must be reset when in a different configuration?
                    "VCARCH"     : IS_64 ? "amd64" : "x86",
                    "SDKARCH"    : IS_64 ? "/x64" : "/x86",
            ]);
            commandLine("cmd", "/q", "/c", "genVSproperties.bat");
            setStandardOutput(results);
        });
        BufferedReader reader = new BufferedReader(new StringReader(results.toString().trim()));
        reader.readLine();
        reader.readLine();
        String line;
        while ((line = reader.readLine()) != null && !line.startsWith("######")) {
            line = line.replace("\\", "/").replace("/@@ENDOFLINE@@", "").replace("@@ENDOFLINE@@", "").replace("//", "/")
            windows_tools << line;
        }
    }
    // Try reading the properties in order to define the properties. If the property file cannot
    // be located, then we will end up using some hard-coded defaults (which are probably wrong 80%
    // of the time, but what the heck).
    InputStream windows_tools_stream = null;
    try {
        Properties windows_tools_properties = new Properties();
        windows_tools_stream = new FileInputStream(windows_tools);
        windows_tools_properties.load(windows_tools_stream);
        defineProperty("WINDOWS_VS_VSINSTALLDIR", windows_tools_properties, "C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0");
        defineProperty("WINDOWS_SDK_DIR", windows_tools_properties, "C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft SDKs/Windows/v7.0A")
        defineProperty("WINDOWS_VS_VCINSTALLDIR", windows_tools_properties, "$WINDOWS_VS_VSINSTALLDIR/VC")
        defineProperty("WINDOWS_VS_DEVENVDIR", windows_tools_properties, "$WINDOWS_VS_VSINSTALLDIR/Common7/IDE")
        defineProperty("WINDOWS_VS_DEVENVCMD", windows_tools_properties, "$WINDOWS_VS_DEVENVDIR/VCExpress.exe")
        defineProperty("WINDOWS_VS_MSVCDIR", windows_tools_properties, WINDOWS_VS_VCINSTALLDIR)
        defineProperty("WINDOWS_DXSDK_DIR", windows_tools_properties, System.getenv().get("DXSDK_DIR"))
        defineProperty("WINDOWS_VS_INCLUDE", windows_tools_properties, "$WINDOWS_VS_VCINSTALLDIR/INCLUDE;" + "$WINDOWS_SDK_DIR/include;")
        defineProperty("WINDOWS_VS_LIB", windows_tools_properties, "$WINDOWS_VS_VCINSTALLDIR/LIB;" + "$WINDOWS_SDK_DIR/lib;")
        defineProperty("WINDOWS_VS_LIBPATH", windows_tools_properties, "$WINDOWS_VS_VCINSTALLDIR/LIB;")
        defineProperty("WINDOWS_VS_PATH", windows_tools_properties, "$WINDOWS_VS_DEVENVDIR;" +
                "$WINDOWS_VS_VSINSTALLDIR/VC/BIN;" +
                "$WINDOWS_VS_VSINSTALLDIR/Common7/Tools;" +
                "$WINDOWS_VS_VCINSTALLDIR/VCPackages;" +
                "$WINDOWS_SDK_DIR/bin/NETFX 4.0 Tools;" +
                "$WINDOWS_SDK_DIR/bin;" +
                System.getenv().get("PATH"))
    } finally {
        try { windows_tools_stream.close() } catch (Exception e) { }
    }

ext.WINDOWS_NATIVE_COMPILE_ENVIRONMENT = [
            "VCINSTALLDIR"         : WINDOWS_VS_VCINSTALLDIR,
            "VSINSTALLDIR"         : WINDOWS_VS_VSINSTALLDIR,
            "DEVENVDIR"            : WINDOWS_VS_DEVENVDIR,
            "MSVCDIR"              : WINDOWS_VS_MSVCDIR,
            "PATH"                 : WINDOWS_VS_PATH,
            "INCLUDE"              : WINDOWS_VS_INCLUDE,
            "LIB"                  : WINDOWS_VS_LIB,
            "LIBPATH"              : WINDOWS_VS_LIBPATH,
            "DXSDK_DIR"            : WINDOWS_DXSDK_DIR
    ];

defineProperty("CC", "$WINDOWS_VS_VSINSTALLDIR/VC/BIN/cl.exe");
    defineProperty("LINK", "$WINDOWS_VS_VSINSTALLDIR/VC/BIN/link.exe");
    defineProperty("RC", "$WINDOWS_SDK_DIR/Bin/RC.Exe");
    Basically on Windows you need to have Visual Studio 2010 installed (haven't been tested on 2012 although I know when I tried the normal JavaFX ant build it failed with 2012, so I think you need 2010). This is a pain. The problem is that Microsoft broke various parts of 2010 with security patches, and so then there were patches on those patches. What I had to do ultimately was to install 2010 with all the latest patches. If I got some c compilation error I would google it, find out some patch needed to be applied, follow the link, rinse, repeat. PAIN.

You also need the DirectX SDK installed.

The other thing is the Windows SDK.

Now when we run the build process, one thing we run is the genVSproperties.bat file. This is a hack as far as I'm concerned but one I can't get away from. On Windows you don't know what the link path & other environment variables should be -- you have to invoke a tool from microsoft which tells you what the paths are (similar thing on linux, but more elegantly done). We capture those settings and write them into a file called build/windows_tools.properties. These properties are then loaded up and used as environment variables when cl is called. That's where those WINDOWS_VS_* properties come from.

One of those paths those isn't provided by this bat file, and that is the WINDOWS_SDK_DIR. I gave it the default that works on my system, yours might be a different path. If so, you can supply the -PWINDOWS_SDK_DIR=/path/to/the/place and it should override the default that I provided.

So in order to compile the native, you have to have DXSDK, Visual Studio 2010, and the windows SDK installed. And all the right patches. But then it should work.

I have a plan to avoid native compilation or at least provide a flag to avoid it, but I haven't got that far yet (and part of my plan involves having a publicly available binary repo containing the latest continuous integrated native libs -- but I expect it is about a year away from my master plan coming to fruition. In the meantime, I might just have a flag to turn off native compilation).
  • 6. Re: OpenJFX Build Issue
    AdamKo Newbie
    Ok bit more progress but not there quite yet - this time there are some linking errors.

My setup:
    - Cygwin
    - Visual Studio 2010
    - DirectX SDK (this one was missing - now installed)
    - Windows SDK (already installed in the "C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft SDKs/Windows/v7.0A" - the same as in win.gradle setup)

15:31:09.731 [QUIET] [system.out] Creating library D:\Projects\JavaFX\JavaFX-OpenJFX\open-jfx\graphics\javafx\modules\graphics\build\libs\libdecora-sse.lib and object D:\Projects\JavaFX\JavaFX-OpenJFX\open-jfx\graphics\javafx\modules\graphics\build\libs\libdecora-sse.exp
    15:31:09.731 [QUIET] [system.out] SSEBoxShadowPeer.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __fltused
    15:31:09.731 [QUIET] [system.out] SSELinearConvolvePeer.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __fltused
    15:31:09.731 [QUIET] [system.out] SSELinearConvolveShadowPeer.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __fltused
    15:31:09.731 [QUIET] [system.out] SSEUtils.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __fltused
    15:31:09.731 [QUIET] [system.out] SSEBoxShadowPeer.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol ___security_cookie referenced in function Javacom_sun_scenario_effect_impl_sw_sse_SSEBoxShadowPeer_filterVertical@48
    15:31:09.731 [QUIET] [system.out] SSELinearConvolvePeer.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___security_cookie
    15:31:09.731 [QUIET] [system.out] SSELinearConvolveShadowPeer.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___security_cookie
    15:31:09.731 [QUIET] [system.out] SSEBoxShadowPeer.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol @__security_check_cookie@4 referenced in function Javacom_sun_scenario_effect_impl_sw_sse_SSEBoxShadowPeer_filterVertical@48
    15:31:09.731 [QUIET] [system.out] SSELinearConvolvePeer.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol @__security_check_cookie@4
    15:31:09.731 [QUIET] [system.out] SSELinearConvolveShadowPeer.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol @__security_check_cookie@4
    15:31:09.731 [QUIET] [system.out] SSEUtils.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__IsProcessorFeaturePresent@4 referenced in function Javacom_sun_scenario_effect_impl_sw_sse_SSERendererDelegate_isSupported@8
    15:31:09.731 [QUIET] [system.out] LINK : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __DllMainCRTStartup@12

15:31:09.731 [QUIET] [system.out] D:\Projects\JavaFX\JavaFX-OpenJFX\open-jfx\graphics\javafx\modules\graphics\build\libs\libdecora-sse.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 5 unresolved externals
    15:31:09.731 [DEBUG] [org.gradle.process.internal.DefaultExecHandle] Changing state to: FAILED
    15:31:09.731 [INFO] [org.gradle.process.internal.DefaultExecHandle] Process 'command 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0/VC/BIN/link.exe'' finished with exit value 1120 (state: FAILED)
    15:31:09.746 [DEBUG] [org.gradle.logging.internal.DefaultLoggingConfigurer] Finished configuring with level: DEBUG, configurers: [org.gradle.logging.internal.OutputEventRenderer@cb5822, org.gradle.logging.internal.logback.LogbackLoggingConfigurer@4b9e13df, org.gradle.logging.internal.JavaUtilLoggingConfigurer@2b98378d]
    15:31:09.746 [DEBUG] [org.gradle.cache.internal.DefaultFileLockManager] Waiting to acquire exclusive lock on task artifact state cache (D:\Projects\JavaFX\JavaFX-OpenJFX\open-jfx\graphics\javafx\.gradle\1.4\taskArtifacts).
    15:31:09.746 [DEBUG] [org.gradle.cache.internal.DefaultFileLockManager] Lock acquired.
    15:31:09.746 [DEBUG] [org.gradle.api.internal.tasks.execution.ExecuteAtMostOnceTaskExecuter] Finished executing task ':graphics:linkDecora'
    15:31:09.746 [LIFECYCLE] [org.gradle.TaskExecutionLogger] :graphics:linkDecora FAILED
    15:31:09.746 [ERROR] [org.gradle.BuildExceptionReporter]
    15:31:09.746 [ERROR] [org.gradle.BuildExceptionReporter] FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.
    15:31:09.746 [ERROR] [org.gradle.BuildExceptionReporter] * Where:
    15:31:09.746 [ERROR] [org.gradle.BuildExceptionReporter] Build file 'D:\Projects\JavaFX\JavaFX-OpenJFX\open-jfx\graphics\javafx\build.gradle' line: 464
    15:31:09.746 [ERROR] [org.gradle.BuildExceptionReporter] * What went wrong:
    15:31:09.746 [ERROR] [org.gradle.BuildExceptionReporter] Execution failed for task ':graphics:linkDecora'.
    15:31:09.746 [ERROR] [org.gradle.BuildExceptionReporter] > Process 'command 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0/VC/BIN/link.exe'' finished with non-zero exit value 1120
    15:31:09.746 [ERROR] [org.gradle.BuildExceptionReporter] * Exception is:
    15:31:09.746 [ERROR] [org.gradle.BuildExceptionReporter] org.gradle.api.tasks.TaskExecutionException: Execution failed for task ':graphics:linkDecora'.
    15:31:09.746 [ERROR] [org.gradle.BuildExceptionReporter] at org.gradle.api.internal.tasks.execution.ExecuteActionsTaskExecuter.executeActions(ExecuteActionsTaskExecuter.java:72)
    15:31:09.746 [ERROR] [org.gradle.BuildExceptionReporter] at org.gradle.api.internal.tasks.execution.ExecuteActionsTaskExecuter.execute(ExecuteActionsTaskExecuter.java:49)
    15:31:09.746 [ERROR] [org.gradle.BuildExceptionReporter] at org.gradle.api.internal.tasks.execution.PostExecutionAnalysisTaskExecuter.execute(PostExecutionAnalysisTaskExecuter.java:34)
    15:31:09.746 [ERROR] [org.gradle.BuildExceptionReporter] at org.gradle.api.internal.changedetection.CacheLockHandlingTaskExecuter$1.run(CacheLockHandlingTaskExecuter.java:34)
    15:31:09.746 [ERROR] [org.gradle.BuildExceptionReporter] at org.gradle.internal.Factories$1.create(Factories.java:22)
    15:31:09.762 [ERROR] [org.gradle.BuildExceptionReporter] at org.gradle.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:39)

.... more stack traces ....

15:31:09.762 [ERROR] [org.gradle.BuildExceptionReporter] at org.gradle.launcher.bootstrap.ProcessBootstrap.runNoExit(ProcessBootstrap.java:50)
    15:31:09.762 [ERROR] [org.gradle.BuildExceptionReporter] at org.gradle.launcher.bootstrap.ProcessBootstrap.run(ProcessBootstrap.java:32)
    15:31:09.762 [ERROR] [org.gradle.BuildExceptionReporter] at org.gradle.launcher.GradleMain.main(GradleMain.java:26)
    15:31:09.762 [ERROR] [org.gradle.BuildExceptionReporter] Caused by: org.gradle.process.internal.ExecException: Process 'command 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0/VC/BIN/link.exe'' finished with non-zero exit value 1120
    15:31:09.762 [ERROR] [org.gradle.BuildExceptionReporter] at org.gradle.process.internal.DefaultExecHandle$ExecResultImpl.assertNormalExitValue(DefaultExecHandle.java:363)
    15:31:09.762 [ERROR] [org.gradle.BuildExceptionReporter] at org.gradle.process.internal.DefaultExecAction.execute(DefaultExecAction.java:39)
    15:31:09.762 [ERROR] [org.gradle.BuildExceptionReporter] at org.gradle.api.internal.file.DefaultFileOperations.exec(DefaultFileOperations.java:161)
    15:31:09.762 [ERROR] [org.gradle.BuildExceptionReporter] at org.gradle.api.internal.project.AbstractProject.exec(AbstractProject.java:832)
    15:31:09.762 [ERROR] [org.gradle.BuildExceptionReporter] at org.gradle.api.internal.ProcessOperations$exec.call(Unknown Source)
    15:31:09.762 [ERROR] [org.gradle.BuildExceptionReporter] at LinkTask.compile(D:\Projects\JavaFX\JavaFX-OpenJFX\open-jfx\graphics\javafx\build.gradle:464)
    15:31:09.762 [ERROR] [org.gradle.BuildExceptionReporter] at org.gradle.api.internal.BeanDynamicObject$MetaClassAdapter.invokeMethod(BeanDynamicObject.java:216)
    15:31:09.762 [ERROR] [org.gradle.BuildExceptionReporter] at org.gradle.api.internal.BeanDynamicObject.invokeMethod(BeanDynamicObject.java:122)
    15:31:09.762 [ERROR] [org.gradle.BuildExceptionReporter] at org.gradle.api.internal.CompositeDynamicObject.invokeMethod(CompositeDynamicObject.java:147)
    15:31:09.762 [ERROR] [org.gradle.BuildExceptionReporter] at LinkTask_Decorated.invokeMethod(Unknown Source)
    15:31:09.762 [ERROR] [org.gradle.BuildExceptionReporter] at org.gradle.util.ReflectionUtil.invoke(ReflectionUtil.groovy:23)
    15:31:09.762 [ERROR] [org.gradle.BuildExceptionReporter] at org.gradle.api.internal.project.taskfactory.AnnotationProcessingTaskFactory$4.execute(AnnotationProcessingTaskFactory.java:161)
    15:31:09.762 [ERROR] [org.gradle.BuildExceptionReporter] at org.gradle.api.internal.project.taskfactory.AnnotationProcessingTaskFactory$4.execute(AnnotationProcessingTaskFactory.java:156)
    15:31:09.762 [ERROR] [org.gradle.BuildExceptionReporter] at org.gradle.api.internal.AbstractTask$TaskActionWrapper.execute(AbstractTask.java:510)
    15:31:09.762 [ERROR] [org.gradle.BuildExceptionReporter] at org.gradle.api.internal.AbstractTask$TaskActionWrapper.execute(AbstractTask.java:499)
    15:31:09.762 [ERROR] [org.gradle.BuildExceptionReporter] at org.gradle.api.internal.tasks.execution.ExecuteActionsTaskExecuter.executeActions(ExecuteActionsTaskExecuter.java:64)
    15:31:09.762 [ERROR] [org.gradle.BuildExceptionReporter] ... 57 more
    15:31:09.762 [ERROR] [org.gradle.BuildExceptionReporter]
    15:31:09.762 [LIFECYCLE] [org.gradle.BuildResultLogger]
    15:31:09.762 [LIFECYCLE] [org.gradle.BuildResultLogger] BUILD FAILED
  • 7. Re: OpenJFX Build Issue
    868327 Newbie
    I finaly build openjfx.

I encounter several issues and fixed them. But i want this fixed in main codebase.

you can set WINDOWS_SDK_DIR in genVSproperties.bat file with this line

++echo WINDOWS_SDK_DIR=%WindowsSdkDir%@@ENDOFLINE@@
    echo ############################################################

Edited by: ali_ebrahimi on Mar 24, 2013 1:03 PM
  • 8. Re: OpenJFX Build Issue
    AdamKo Newbie
    When will be the fix available?

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points