This content has been marked as final. Show 4 replies
The Solaris OS has a Volume Management Utility managed by SMF Service (svc:/system/filesystem/volfs:default). It will automatically mount the cdrom under /cdrom when you insert one in the drive. It it doesn't mount it, you have to mount it manually. The procedure is:
1. Disable the volfs service. (svcadm disable -v volfs).
2. mount the cdrom. (mount -F hsfs /dev/dsk/<cdrom> /cdrom
3. Access the cdrom content.
4. Eject the cdrom (cd /;eject cdrom).
5. Enable volfs service (svcadm enable -v volfs).