This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 24, 2013 10:55 PM by EJP RSS

Repeated Updates, Feedback,  Level reached, Frustrated!

998833 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I'm just wanting to take some of the venting that I am receiving and push it back up the channel. And before you start giving me some heat back, you have to understand that you are dealing with "end users" not technical people. But the complaints about how many updates you guys keep pushing out is exponentially growing! you need to find a more cyclic routine for updating java or find a way to push your updates in the background without so much "fanfare" involved in the updating process.... Secondly, if you want people to take the toolbar, start it out with a default of "NOT" being check-marked. I personally am "SICK AND TIRED" of constantly having to remove the toolbar from my client's browser after they speed through your never ending updates.

And before you start telling me about "managed services", etc... let me tell you about the "real" world that exists outside your facility. Not every company is going to have managed services, that's just the reality of it. And it's not our bigger clients that beat us up or take all of our time.

We're looking for the leaders in "MUST HAVE" applications to be "smart" about how they roll out updates. We're hoping that Oracle learns over time that 3 to 5 updates in 15 days is absolutely unacceptable. And yes, I don't care how much you come back with a return on "security" and "vulnerability" comments. You either update these things automatically in the background without so much fanfare and "manual" participation involved, or you start being SMARTER about "how" and "when" you post new updates...

Your current tactics and policies, quite frankly... SUCK!
  • 1. Re: Repeated Updates, Feedback,  Level reached, Frustrated!
    sabre150 Expert
    You do realise that by posting here you are not talking to Oracle but to Java users the vast majority whom are not in any way affiliated to Oracle! You could raise a bug report on http://bugs.sun.com/ ; that will at least get some response from Oracle.
  • 2. Re: Repeated Updates, Feedback,  Level reached, Frustrated!
    EJP Guru
    I'm just wanting to take some of the venting that I am receiving and push it back up the channel.
    This is not a channel to Oracle. This is a user-to-user forum.
    And before you start giving me some heat back, you have to understand that you are dealing with "end users" not technical people.
    You have to understand that we are just Oracle users of various kinds ourselves. Very few Oracle employees regularly read these forums: I am only aware of two, and they are both technical people. So you are barking up the wrong tree entirely.

And what any of this has to do with 'Other Security APIs, Tools, and Issues' is a mystery to me.

Locking this thread

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points