This discussion is archived
9 Replies Latest reply: Apr 8, 2013 10:57 PM by Nilum RSS

WebLogic 10.3.5.0 won't stop or start propperly after Jdev upgrade

999023 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Greetings,

Our developers have installed Weblogic with Jdeveloper. Now I'm trying to setup a production environment and use only the ADF runtime version.
From download ADF runtime is only available in version 11.1.1.6.
With this I was able to start and stop WebLogic, login to the console thru http or https.

Now I've done the upgrade to ADF 11.1.2.3 using $MW_HOME/wlserver_10.3/common/bin/config.sh.
The weblogic process does start, but the console doesn't show. Not on client nor server (Oracle Linux 6.3).
When I use stopWebLogic.sh to stop WebLogic , I get :

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space.

I've set the MaxPermSpace in setDomainEnv.sh to 4096m. Still it seems the MaxPermSize value is not used.
After this error, the java process remains. The java process :

oracle 29419 29366 18 15:54 pts/4 00:00:43 /usr/lib/jvm/java-1.6.0-openjdk-1.6.0.0.x86_64/jre/bin/java -Xms1024m -Xmx5120m -Dweblogic.Name=AdminServer -Djava.security.policy=/u01/Middleware/wlserver_10.3/server/lib/weblogic.policy -Dweblogic.ProductionModeEnabled=true -da -Dplatform.home=/u01/Middleware/wlserver_10.3 -Dwls.home=/u01/Middleware/wlserver_10.3/server -Dweblogic.home=/u01/Middleware/wlserver_10.3/server -Dcommon.components.home=/u01/Middleware/oracle_common -Djrf.version=11.1.1 -Dorg.apache.commons.logging.Log=org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Jdk14Logger -Ddomain.home=/u01/Middleware/user_projects/domains/base_domain -Djrockit.optfile=/u01/Middleware/oracle_common/modules/oracle.jrf_11.1.1/jrocket_optfile.txt -Doracle.server.config.dir=/u01/Middleware/user_projects/domains/base_domain/config/fmwconfig/servers/AdminServer -Doracle.domain.config.dir=/u01/Middleware/user_projects/domains/base_domain/config/fmwconfig -Digf.arisidbeans.carmlloc=/u01/Middleware/user_projects/domains/base_domain/config/fmwconfig/carml -Digf.arisidstack.home=/u01/Middleware/user_projects/domains/base_domain/config/fmwconfig/arisidprovider -Doracle.security.jps.config=/u01/Middleware/user_projects/domains/base_domain/config/fmwconfig/jps-config.xml -Doracle.deployed.app.dir=/u01/Middleware/user_projects/domains/base_domain/servers/AdminServer/tmp/_WL_user -Doracle.deployed.app.ext=/- -Dweblogic.alternateTypesDirectory=/u01/Middleware/oracle_common/modules/oracle.ossoiap_11.1.1,/u01/Middleware/oracle_common/modules/oracle.oamprovider_11.1.1 -Djava.protocol.handler.pkgs=oracle.mds.net.protocol -Dweblogic.jdbc.remoteEnabled=false -Dweblogic.management.discover=true -Dwlw.iterativeDev=false -Dwlw.testConsole=false -Dwlw.logErrorsToConsole=false -Dweblogic.ext.dirs=/u01/Middleware/patch_wls1035/profiles/default/sysext_manifest_classpath weblogic.Server

[oracle@OL-WLS-PRI ]$ java -version
java version "1.6.0_24"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6 1.11.9) (rhel-1.57.1.11.9.el6_4-x86_64)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.0-b12, mixed mode)

I'm new at WebLogic.
What can I check to get to the cause of this?
After start, the logs keep silent.

The server has 8Gb fysical memory.

In top the java process takes 1,6Gb of memory.

Any help is much appreciated.
  • 1. Re: WebLogic 10.3.5.0 won't stop or start propperly after Jdev upgrade
    Nilum Explorer
    Hi!

1) Check your installations again with following link section "Deployment Configuring an Application Server to Run 11.1.2.3.0 Applications"
    http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/developer-tools/jdev/11gr2update3-1851251.html#11.1.2.3.0ShermanUpdate3-ReleaseNotesREPOSITORY-Deployment

2) For PermGen issue descrption

http://javarevisited.blogspot.com/2011/09/javalangoutofmemoryerror-permgen-space.html

Nilum.
  • 2. Re: WebLogic 10.3.5.0 won't stop or start propperly after Jdev upgrade
    999023 Newbie
    Thank you.

I've read those. As u can see, the MaxPermSize has not been put in de java options by setDomainEnv.sh.
    I don't understand why.

For now I'll remove everything and install everything new. Hoping for better result.
  • 3. Re: WebLogic 10.3.5.0 won't stop or start propperly after Jdev upgrade
    999023 Newbie
    I'm going in circles here.

I've succefully installed WebLogic 10.3.6.
    I can start it I can stop it.
    Now I need ADF runtime v11.1.2.3 (upgraded from 11.1.1.6).
    I don't need anything from Jdeveloper do I?

Do I need to create database objects? If so:
    Which RCU do I need? I got ofm_rcu_linux_11.1.1.3.3_disk1_1of1.zip.

The dependancies are very unclear.

I can't seem to find a way to check version from the commandline other then directory names.

I just need a step sequence only needed for a production environment, which is able to deploy ADF faces applications.

Please help.
  • 4. Re: WebLogic 10.3.5.0 won't stop or start propperly after Jdev upgrade
    999023 Newbie
    Using this doc:
    http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E23943_01/doc.1111/e14827/overview.htm#CJACJHIJ

I don't need any of these components:
    Metadata Repository - contains metadata for Fusion Middleware Components (SOA, Webcenter, Identity Management) . There are various types of Repository – Metadata Services (MDS), Audit Services (IAU), Oracle Internet Directory (OID), Single Sign-On (SSO), SOA Infrastructure (SOAINFRA), Business Activity Monitoring (BAM) , User Messaging (ORASDPM) , Oracle WebCenter (WEBCENTER) , WebCenter Portlets (PORTLETS) , Oracle Content Server (OCSERVER) , Portal (PORTAL), Discoverer (DISCOVERER), Oracle Identity Federation (OIF) , Discussions (DISCUSSIONS) and Wiki and Blog (WIKI)

So why a repository?

And I keep getting redirected to here:
    http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/middleware/downloads/index.html

Has RCU now been integrated in one of the other installations?
  • 5. Re: WebLogic 10.3.5.0 won't stop or start propperly after Jdev upgrade
    999023 Newbie
    I do need ADF libraries. With starting an application I get the error:

An error occurred during activation of changes, please see the log for details.
    [J2EE:160149]Error while processing library references. Unresolved application library references, defined in weblogic-application.xml: [Extension-Name: adf.oracle.domain, exact-match: false].

ServerLog:
    Failure occurred in the execution of deployment request with ID '1364309344394' for task '1'. Error is: 'weblogic.management.DeploymentException: [J2EE:160149]Error while processing library references. Unresolved application library references, defined in weblogic-application.xml: [Extension-Name: adf.oracle.domain, exact-match: false].' weblogic.management.DeploymentException: [J2EE:160149]Error while processing library references. Unresolved application library references, defined in weblogic-application.xml: [Extension-Name: adf.oracle.domain, exact-match: false]. at ....

Same in DomainLog.
  • 6. Re: WebLogic 10.3.5.0 won't stop or start propperly after Jdev upgrade
    Nilum Explorer
    Hi

Didi you follow all the steps in following link. (How about command ---> upgradeADF)

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/developer-tools/jdev/11gr2update3-1851251.html#11.1.2.3.0ShermanUpdate3-ReleaseNotesREPOSITORY-Deployment

Download and install WLS 10.3.6. Download and install Application Developer 11.1.1.6. For more information see the Oracle Fusion Middleware Installation Planning Guide.
    Run the Fusion Middleware Configuration wizard and create a new domain, or extend an existing domain, using the JRF + EM + OWSM domain template.
    Download the 11.1.2.3.0 Opatch bundles and use the opatch tool to apply the patches (see Install the Patch below).
    Shutdown the target domain servers.
    Run the WLST "upgradeADF" command in offline mode (see Run the Commands below).
    Restart the servers.

Nilum.
  • 7. Re: WebLogic 10.3.5.0 won't stop or start propperly after Jdev upgrade
    Nilum Explorer
    Hi,

Check your application libraries. This kind of errors occur when both app and server refer to same/both have same libraries. Either remove(externally) the library from your app after create WAR/EAR or remove it from server.

or
    You can do following modification in the app as a quick solution.

Put following tag in to application WEB-INF\weblogic.xml file.

<container-descriptor>
    <prefer-web-inf-classes>true</prefer-web-inf-classes>
    </container-descriptor>

This tag use to force the server to use only application WEB-INF folder libraries.

Nilum.
  • 8. Re: WebLogic 10.3.5.0 won't stop or start propperly after Jdev upgrade
    999023 Newbie
    Thank you very kindly.

I indeed install the WebLogic 10.3.6.0 version.
    Extended the bas domain with ADF libs, then deployed jsf-2.0.

Now all seems to work fine.

Had to set MemArgs in my .bash_profile to avoid OutOfMemory errors because of too small MaxPermSize.

extra line in /home/oracle/.bash_profile :
    export USER_MEM_ARGS="-Xms1024m -Xmx5120m -XX:PermSize=1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=5120m"

Works like a charm.
  • 9. Re: WebLogic 10.3.5.0 won't stop or start propperly after Jdev upgrade
    Nilum Explorer
    Nice to hear that!!!

Nilum.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points