This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 26, 2013 7:10 AM by 989272 RSS

SCP (Remote login for Oracle not allowed)

989272 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi Folks

I`m installing Oracle Software 11.2.0.3 in some of the servers. The Software is available in server X. I usually use scp to get copy of the software and then use runInstaller. I could successfully install software in some servers since remote login for oracle user is available, however I can`t do the same in some servers since remote login for oracle is not available.

Is there a way to copy directory from one server to another when remote login for oracle is not available using scp?
  • 1. Re: SCP (Remote login for Oracle not allowed)
    jgarry Guru
    Just thinking out loud here.

Sounds like you need to use a seed database with the silent installation option. Somehow you need to tell the local oracle login to run all that stuff.

But I don't understand how you would need to do this, since anything that could tell the local oracle what to do would have higher privilege than the oracle login. Maybe you can put something together to tell a local admin to run.
  • 2. Re: SCP (Remote login for Oracle not allowed)
    sb92075 Guru
    986269 wrote:
    Hi Folks

I`m installing Oracle Software 11.2.0.3 in some of the servers. The Software is available in server X. I usually use scp to get copy of the software and then use runInstaller. I could successfully install software in some servers since remote login for oracle user is available, however I can`t do the same in some servers since remote login for oracle is not available.

Is there a way to copy directory from one server to another when remote login for oracle is not available using scp?
    If you can not login to remote DB Server as OS user oracle, you you have an even bigger security hole;
    since you must all SYSDBA access across the network to start & manage the DB.

I contend that you must be able to do the following:

ssh -X oracle@DB_Server

which is as secure as possible.
  • 3. Re: SCP (Remote login for Oracle not allowed)
    989272 Newbie
    Finally did it by switching to Oracle from source server, however get -r folder couldn`t help me on source, but put -r folder worked from the destination side through sftp.

-Thanks All

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points