This content has been marked as final. Show 2 replies
1 person found this helpful
948611 wrote:Hi S
We have a custom form (Form 1) wherein we call another form (form2) when a button is pressed in Form1.
Form 1 - contains 3 blocks -
-->Header Block - HB,
-->Child Block - CB1 - which is child of HB and is multi records block
-->Child Block CB2 - Child of CB1
The canvas of forms 1 holds only HB and CB1 and due to business reasons we are populating CB2's table (say T2) in the post insert trigger of the CB1.
A button is pressed which opens a new form - a display only form (form 2) .
Form 2 just fetches the records that are inserted into the table T2. Note that Form 2 is also a multi record block.
Assuming that I update some value in Form 1 - block CB1 and save it ; and then click on the button...how should I make sure that the changed values are reflected in the Form 2.
1) On updating CB1 values - since this impacts values in CB2 T2 table- which trigger should this be handled.
2) how should we make sure that on clicking the button that opens Form 2, the changed values in T2 are reflected.
This is your STATUS
YOU didn't keep track your post and also don't close your thread when your problem is solved without marking the right answer. For this when people search this forum and will get similar problem and your post ..they are confused, is there so solutions ???
Total Questions: 16 (15 unresolved)
Hope remember this...
Let's come to your questions.
1) On updating CB1 values - since this impacts values in CB2 T2 table- which trigger should this be handled.You can use post-insert for reflect after insert, and post-update to get reflect the update.
2) how should we make sure that on clicking the button that opens Form 2, the changed values in T2 are reflected.when opening the form pass parameter to second form and execute the related data.
For more check the similar post
2. Calling a form and passing a context
Hope this helps
Mark correct/helpful to help others to get right answer(s).*