Oracle Community Directory
Oracle Community FAQ
My Oracle Support Community (MOSC)
Go Directly To
Oracle Technology Network Community
My Oracle Support Community
OPN Cloud Connection
Oracle Employee Community
Oracle User Group Community
OTN Speaker Bureau
Please enter a title.
You can not post a blank message. Please type your message and try again.
This discussion is archived
: Mar 26, 2013 5:21 AM by
standby different patches
Mar 26, 2013 12:52 AM
1) Does Physical/Logical Standby DB work between 2 different patches of same oracle version? i.e. 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124
2) If you are planning to set up the DG(11gR2 Physical standby) in Max Performance mode, would there be any advantage in adding SRL?
3) Does number of RFS process on the standby database(126.96.36.199) depend on LOG_ARCHIVE_MAX_PROCESS?
This content has been marked as final.
Show 1 reply
Re: standby different patches
Mar 26, 2013 5:21 AM
in response to
1. The simple answer is no. They must be on the same patch set. Think of it as 1 database in the same mode.
2. Yes. Standby Redo log will still buffer data making it less likely to lose data in a failover for example.
3. No the control archive processes. See figure 6.1 in the link below.