Go Directly To
Oracle Technology Network Community
My Oracle Support Community
OPN Cloud Connection
Oracle Employee Community
Oracle User Group Community
OTN Speaker Bureau
Get Started Guide
Join the world’s largest interactive community dedicated to Oracle technologies.
Learn from thousands of community experts
Get answers to your technical questions
Share your knowledge with peers
Please enter a title.
You can not post a blank message. Please type your message and try again.
Performance & Availability
This discussion is archived
on Mar 26, 2013 10:21 AM by mseberg
standby different patches
Mar 26, 2013 5:52 AM
1) Does Physical/Logical Standby DB work between 2 different patches of same oracle version? i.e. 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168
2) If you are planning to set up the DG(11gR2 Physical standby) in Max Performance mode, would there be any advantage in adding SRL?
3) Does number of RFS process on the standby database(22.214.171.124) depend on LOG_ARCHIVE_MAX_PROCESS?
I have the same question
Show 0 Likes
This content has been marked as final.
Show 1 reply
Re: standby different patches
Mar 26, 2013 10:21 AM
in response to
1. The simple answer is no. They must be on the same patch set. Think of it as 1 database in the same mode.
2. Yes. Standby Redo log will still buffer data making it less likely to lose data in a failover for example.
3. No the control archive processes. See figure 6.1 in the link below.