3.0 - Unable to login using admin@oracle.com / Welcome123

Just finished setting up 3.0

I am able to access the EID Studio signon page at: http://localhost:7001/

However when I attempt to login as: admin@oracle.com / Welcome123 or admin@oracle.com / admin - I get the following error:

You have entered invalid data. Please try again. Please enter a valid login.

Possibly an initial setup error. Any ideas?

Thanks
      • 1. Re: 3.0 - Unable to login using admin@oracle.com / Welcome123
        Branchbird - Pat
        Are there any errors in your log file?

Ideally, that points to the true issue as your error message does not sound like an "invalid password" error.

Regards,

Patrick Rafferty
        http://branchbird.com/blog/tag/oracle-endeca-getting-started/
        • 2. Re: 3.0 - Unable to login using admin@oracle.com / Welcome123
          Davegrimm-Oracle
          Have you installed a brand new instance of EID 3.0 or did you upgrade a previous version? If you've upgraded, your old admin password is saved in the portal database with an obsolete encryption algorithm. See the Studio Migration Guide for details. It recommends resetting the password in the studio database like this:

update User_
          set PASSWORD_ = 'admin456', PASSWORDENCRYPTED = 0, PASSWORDRESET = 1
          where SCREENNAME = 'admin';

If you're using the default hypersonic database, you'll have to edit the lportal.script file.

Once you login with this new password, it will encrypt itself with the new default SHA-256 algorithm.

Dave
          • 3. Re: 3.0 - Unable to login using admin@oracle.com / Welcome123
            Hi all,

Still unable to login after making changes to the lportal.scripts file under the ..\Middleware\user_projects\domains\data\hsql folder.

update User_
            set PASSWORD_ = 'admin456', PASSWORDENCRYPTED = 0, PASSWORDRESET = 1
            where SCREENNAME = 'admin';

Seeing the following error, where it seems the table User_ is not found.

2013-03-27 23:29:29,672 WARN [BasicResourcePool] com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool$AcquireTask@2312189 -- Acquisition Attempt Failed!!! Clearing pending acquires. While trying to acquire a needed new resource, we failed to succeed more t
            han the maximum number of allowed acquisition attempts (30). Last acquisition attempt exception:
            java.sql.SQLException: error in script file line: 1 Table not found in statement [update User_]
            at org.hsqldb.jdbc.Util.sqlException(Unknown Source)
            at org.hsqldb.jdbc.jdbcConnection.<init>(Unknown Source)
            at org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver.getConnection(Unknown Source)
            at org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver.connect(Unknown Source)

Should I try the password reset instructions like the one found in the following forum:
            Re: login issue in studio

Re: login issue in studio
            • 4. Re: 3.0 - Unable to login using admin@oracle.com / Welcome123
              Davegrimm-Oracle
              No, sorry. Don't put the update statement in the lportal.script file. Just modify the insert statement that is already there for the admin user, setting the password, passwordencrypted, and passwordreset fields accordingly.

Dave
              • 5. Re: 3.0 - Unable to login using admin@oracle.com / Welcome123
                Brett R-Oracle
                It looks like you are deploying Studio to WebLogic. The WebLogic installation for Studio has some additional, mandatory steps when deploying the Studio EAR file, listed here: http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E39271_01/studio.300/studio_install/toc.htm#Deploying%20the%20Studio%20.ear%20file

If you don't extract and deploy the portal-ext.properties file for example, Studio will not function correctly.

Brett
                1 位用户发现它有用
                • 6. Re: 3.0 - Unable to login using admin@oracle.com / Welcome123
                  Marco Snels
                  I have set the complete domain as a production environment. So I only have to import the .ear file in the console right?
                  I tried that but I cannot login in Studio.

Marco
                  • 7. Re: 3.0 - Unable to login using admin@oracle.com / Welcome123
                    Marco Snels
                    Can you explain this in more detail? If I look at that specific file I don't see username and password. How can I fix this?
                    I have a bunch of Studio dashboards that I would like to use in 3.0 so :)

Thank you in advance!

Marco
                    • 8. Re: 3.0 - Unable to login using admin@oracle.com / Welcome123
                      billokeefe
                      Hi Marco,

First, shutdown Studio. Then, find the line in lportal.script that looks something like this:

INSERT INTO USER_ VALUES('f54a42bd-1de4-4f8e-aa5b-8021860ccd62',10122,10091,'2013-03-26 19:25:59.976000000','2013-03-26 19:25:59.976000000',FALSE,10123,'XXXXXXXX',TRUE,FALSE,NULL,'','',0,'admin','admin@oracle.com',0,'en_US','UTC','Welcome Admin Admin!','','Admin','','Admin','','2013-03-29 07:25:29.538000000','148.87.67.165','2013-03-29 06:55:26.225000000','148.87.67.165',NULL,0,FALSE,NULL,FALSE,TRUE)

Change the PASSWORD_ field (8th field, 'XXXXXXXX' in above example) to 'Welcome123' (or whatever you want), and then change the next two fields (PASSWORDENCRYPTED and PASSWORDRESET) to "FALSE" and "TRUE", respectively, then you should be all set.

Bill
                      • 9. Re: 3.0 - Unable to login using admin@oracle.com / Welcome123
                        SaichandVaranasi
                        Hi Bill,

Sorry for hijacking others thread even i too have same issue(invalid data) struggling from 2 days . I didn't find any script as you said below (update/insert)

Thanks,
                        Saichand
                        • 10. Re: 3.0 - Unable to login using admin@oracle.com / Welcome123
                          Brett's answer helped out.

What ultimately resolved this was removing the endeca-portal-weblogic-3 from weblogic deployments and reinstalling endeca portal as non-ssl.

This resolved my issue.

Thanks
                          • 11. Re: 3.0 - Unable to login using admin@oracle.com / Welcome123
                            SaichandVaranasi
                            Excellent Brett portal-ext.properties is corrupted replaced it from the default installer to life ray home directory and able to login now !

thanks,
                            Saichand