3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 27, 2013 2:43 PM by Anuj Dwivedi--Oracle RSS

Inbound Channel: How to instruct B2B to pickup a particular agreement

Kathar
      My understanding on inbound file processing is, B2B uses file name to identify a particular trading partner. Situation we have here is, we may not get all the information required to identify a trading partner from inbound file name. Is there a different way to instruct B2B to pickup a particular agreement?
      We are using File channel.

My understanding on the required info for b2B to identify trading partner is: %TO_PARTY%_%FROM_PARTY%_%DOCTYPE_NAME%_%DOCTYPE_REVISION%. Please correct me if my understanding is not correct.

Thanks,
      Kathar
        • 1. Re: Inbound Channel: How to instruct B2B to pickup a particular agreement
          Anuj Dwivedi--Oracle
          Kathar,

What type of file is it (EDI/HL7/Xustom XML/Custom Flat etc..)?
          My understanding on inbound file processing is, B2B uses file name to identify a particular trading partner.
          No, it is not the case always. Directory name (which is being polled by B2B) can also be used to identify the TP name and other info. In case of EDI/HL7, corresponding document identifiers can be used to identify the TP's, so filename becomes irrelevant in this case.
          My understanding on the required info for b2B to identify trading partner is: %TO_PARTY%_%FROM_PARTY%_%DOCTYPE_NAME%_%DOCTYPE_REVISION%.
          This is for outbound. As I mentioned above, filename may or may not be used to identify all four points in case of inbound.

Regards,
          Anuj
          • 2. Re: Inbound Channel: How to instruct B2B to pickup a particular agreement
            Kathar
            Thanks Anuj. You saved our day again.
            We are using EDi-X12 and we are able to invoke trading partner based on the information in inbound file content now with file name as anything. It looks like B2B uses ISA-06 (Interchange Sender ID) and GS-08(Version Identifier Code) to identify a TP. We have only one host TP(To TP) configured. Please correct me if we should be worried about elements other than ISA-06 and GS-08 for TP identification.

Kathar
            • 3. Re: Inbound Channel: How to instruct B2B to pickup a particular agreement
              Anuj Dwivedi--Oracle
              Kathar,

B2B first tries to identify TP's using Interchange Sender ID (ISA06) and Interchange Receiver ID (ISA08). If it fails to identify TP's using interchange id's then it tries to identify TP's using Application Sender's Code (GS02) and Application Receiver's Code (GS03).

GS08 (Version / Release / Industry Identifier Code) is used to identify the version of the EDI payload.

Regards,
              Anuj