This discussion is archived
0 Replies Latest reply: Mar 28, 2013 1:28 AM by 999684 RSS

OBIEE setup on Linux machine (Virtualbox) network issue

999684 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi all I'm facing with a database issue on a OBIEE setup in a virtual box machine, hosted on a windows 7, with Linux Enterprise 5.8.
In this VM I've installed the follow oracle products: Oracle Database, RCU, OBIEE 11g - 11.1.1.2

The network configuration for the VM is set to NAT and I forwarded the ports 7001 and 9704 to the VM in order to access to the web console.
Also I modified the etc/hosts file in this way

127.0.0.1 localhost obiee-server

so if I ping obiee-server everithing is working fine.

Furthermore I changed the database setting for the tnsname and listener file in order to point on the obiee-server hostname

When I set up the OBIEE instance during the MDS and BIPLATFORM schema configuration I specify as database hostname obiee-server and the setup proceed without any error in fact at the end I was able to access to the web console.

The problem is that if I disconnect the windows machine phisical adapter from the network (wireless or lan doesn't make any difference) the opmnctl starts fine but during the stratup of the admin and managed servers I get an IO Error Socket read timed out exception.
As soon as I reconenct the interface to the physical network I'm able to start the servers withoput any problem Of course I tested the database listener using tnsping orcl and everithing is working fine. Please may you help me to solve this issue.

Thanks a lots

Edited by: 996681 on Mar 28, 2013 1:27 AM

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points