1 2 Previous Next 15 Replies Latest reply: Apr 1, 2013 9:07 AM by 930194 RSS

Impossible to start dbconsole: OC4J Configuration issue DBConsole not found

Good evening! Please help me with my problem: I have a virtual machine with Oracle 11gr2 installed. Database was OK until unexpected power shutdown. After that, I can't start dbconsole - and I really don't understand why. This looks like:

emctl status dbconsole OC4J Configuration issue. /u01/app/oracle/product/11.2.0/dbhome_1/oc4j/j2ee/OC4J_DBConsole_localhost.localdomain_orcldocs1 not found.

And also:
      emctl start dbconsole
      OC4J Configuration issue. /u01/app/oracle/product/11.2.0/dbhome_1/oc4j/j2ee/OC4J_DBConsole_localhost.localdomain_orcldocs1 not found.

How can it be? Cause I did not make any changes to database configuration - it was just a power loss... What should I check now to start dbconsole? Thank you for answers :-)
        • 1. Re: Impossible to start dbconsole: OC4J Configuration issue DBConsole not found
          sb92075
          user9001403 wrote:
          Good evening! Please help me with my problem: I have a virtual machine with Oracle 11gr2 installed. Database was OK until unexpected power shutdown. After that, I can't start dbconsole - and I really don't understand why. This looks like:

emctl status dbconsole OC4J Configuration issue. /u01/app/oracle/product/11.2.0/dbhome_1/oc4j/j2ee/OC4J_DBConsole_localhost.localdomain_orcldocs1 not found.

And also:
          emctl start dbconsole
          OC4J Configuration issue. /u01/app/oracle/product/11.2.0/dbhome_1/oc4j/j2ee/OC4J_DBConsole_localhost.localdomain_orcldocs1 not found.

How can it be? Cause I did not make any changes to database configuration - it was just a power loss... What should I check now to start dbconsole? Thank you for answers :-)
          EM is NOT required to start or use any Oracle DB.
          EM believes that hostname is "localhost.localdomain"
          EM believes that ORACLE_SID is "orcldocs1"
          Does reality match EM expectations?
          • 2. Re: Impossible to start dbconsole: OC4J Configuration issue DBConsole not found
            EdStevens
            user9001403 wrote:

And also:
            emctl start dbconsole

The first thing I always do when presented with an error message is check it out. You have to very specific messages naming a file that it says cannot be found. Do they, in fact, exist? Take a look at sb's post .. does the fact that the referenced file contains the names 'localhost' and 'orcldocs1' pass the sanity test?
            • 3. Re: Impossible to start dbconsole: OC4J Configuration issue DBConsole not found
              You know, I found backup of this VM - from January 2013 - and it runs OK. I mean - same setting, same names - except IP (I changed IP from 192.168.34.228 to 192.168.34.229 to avoid conflict). What things should I compare to fix my current VM?
              • 4. Re: Impossible to start dbconsole: OC4J Configuration issue DBConsole not found
                Aman....
                user9001403 wrote:
                You know, I found backup of this VM - from January 2013 - and it runs OK. I mean - same setting, same names - except IP (I changed IP from 192.168.34.228 to 192.168.34.229 to avoid conflict). What things should I compare to fix my current VM?
                Have a static IP for your machine and rebuild the EM's repository after doing so.

Aman....
                • 5. Re: Impossible to start dbconsole: OC4J Configuration issue DBConsole not found
                  Srini Chavali-Oracle
                  Pl also see - http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/install.112/e25666/srvpool.htm#RIWIN1051

HTH
                  Srini
                  • 6. Re: Impossible to start dbconsole: OC4J Configuration issue DBConsole not found
                    Do you mean command:
                    emca -deconfig dbcontrol db -repos drop ?
                    And also one thing I forgot about: I receive an error while trying to open 192.168.34.228:8080 (Glassfish):

'HTTP Status 500 -

type Exception report

descriptionThe server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

java.lang.IllegalStateException'

Most strange thing is: I also can't start dbconsole in my old VM!! But it works anyway! What does it means??
                    • 7. Re: Impossible to start dbconsole: OC4J Configuration issue DBConsole not found
                      Well, I checked Glassfish (both machines - working and non-working):

sudo /home/oracle/glassfish3/bin/asadmin stop-domain domain1
                      sudo /home/oracle/glassfish3/bin/asadmin start-domain domain1

And trying to enter http://192.168.34.229:
                      cat /home/oracle/glassfish3/glassfish/domains/domain1/logs/server.log

[#|2013-03-30T16:06:21.000+0300|INFO|glassfish3.1.1|javax.enterprise.system.tools.admin.org.glassfish.server|_ThreadID=16;_ThreadName=Thread-2;|JMXStartupService: Started JMXConnector, JMXService URL = service:jmx:rmi://localhost.localdomain:8686/jndi/rmi://localhost.localdomain:8686/jmxrmi|#]

[#|2013-03-30T16:08:06.080+0300|INFO|glassfish3.1.1|javax.enterprise.system.std.com.sun.enterprise.server.logging|_ThreadID=17;_ThreadName=Thread-2;|APEX Listener version : 1.0.2.238.15.24|#]

[#|2013-03-30T16:08:06.082+0300|INFO|glassfish3.1.1|javax.enterprise.system.std.com.sun.enterprise.server.logging|_ThreadID=17;_ThreadName=Thread-2;|APEX Listener server info: GlassFish Server Open Source Edition 3.1.1|#]

So all is OK with 192.168.34.229 (old machine). Let's see same logs from 192.168.34.228:
                      cat /home/oracle/glassfish3/glassfish/domains/domain1/logs/server.log
                      [#|2013-03-30T16:19:32.681+0300|INFO|glassfish3.1.1|javax.enterprise.system.core.com.sun.enterprise.v3.server|_ThreadID=10;_ThreadName=Thread-2;|GlassFish Server Open Source Edition 3.1.1 (12) startup time : Felix (1,354ms), startup services(2,819ms), total(4,173ms)|#]

[#|2013-03-30T16:19:32.882+0300|INFO|glassfish3.1.1|javax.enterprise.system.tools.admin.org.glassfish.server|_ThreadID=16;_ThreadName=Thread-2;|JMXStartupService: Started JMXConnector, JMXService URL = service:jmx:rmi://localhost.localdomain:8686/jndi/rmi://localhost.localdomain:8686/jmxrmi|#]

[#|2013-03-30T16:20:54.585+0300|SEVERE|glassfish3.1.1|oracle.dbtools.apex.OWA|_ThreadID=17;_ThreadName=Thread-2;|The log message is null.
                      java.sql.SQLException: Exception occurred while getting connection: oracle.ucp.UniversalConnectionPoolException: Cannot get Connection from Datasource
                      at oracle.ucp.util.UCPErrorHandler.newSQLException(UCPErrorHandler.java:541)
                      at oracle.ucp.jdbc.PoolDataSourceImpl.throwSQLException(PoolDataSourceImpl.java:588)
                      at oracle.ucp.jdbc.PoolDataSourceImpl.getConnection(PoolDataSourceImpl.java:669)
                      at oracle.ucp.jdbc.PoolDataSourceImpl.getConnection(PoolDataSourceImpl.java:614)
                      at oracle.ucp.jdbc.PoolDataSourceImpl.getConnection(PoolDataSourceImpl.java:608)
                      at oracle.dbtools.apex.Connections.getConnection(Connections.java:215)
                      at oracle.dbtools.apex.ModApexContext.getConnection(ModApexContext.java:288)
                      at oracle.dbtools.apex.Procedure.getProcedure(Procedure.java:45)
                      at oracle.dbtools.apex.OWA.validateProcedure(OWA.java:274)
                      at oracle.dbtools.apex.security.Security.isValidRequest(Security.java:121)
                      at oracle.dbtools.apex.ModApex.validateRequest(ModApex.java:220)
                      at oracle.dbtools.apex.ModApex.doGet(ModApex.java:81)
                      ....39 more
                      Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-28001: the password has expired

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:439)
                      at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:388)
                      at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:381)
                      at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIfun.processError(T4CTTIfun.java:564)
                      at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoauthenticate.processError(T4CTTIoauthenticate.java:431)
                      at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIfun.receive(T4CTTIfun.java:436)
                      ...46 more

[#|2013-03-30T16:20:54.618+0300|SEVERE|glassfish3.1.1|javax.enterprise.system.std.com.sun.enterprise.server.logging|_ThreadID=17;_ThreadName=Thread-2;|Exception occurred while getting connection: oracle.ucp.UniversalConnectionPoolException: Cannot get Connection from Datasource|#]

[#|2013-03-30T16:20:54.619+0300|WARNING|glassfish3.1.1|javax.enterprise.system.container.web.com.sun.enterprise.web|_ThreadID=17;_ThreadName=Thread-2;|StandardWrapperValve[ModApex]: PWC1406: Servlet.service() for servlet ModApex threw exception
                      java.lang.IllegalStateException

So what happened with my working VM after unexpected power loss? :-0

Edited by: user9001403 on Mar 30, 2013 4:21 PM
                      • 8. Re: Impossible to start dbconsole: OC4J Configuration issue DBConsole not found
                        Osama_Mustafa
                        what about ?

export ORACLE_SID=
                        emca -deconfig dbcontrol db -repos drop
                        emca -config dbcontrol db -repos create
                        • 9. Re: Impossible to start dbconsole: OC4J Configuration issue DBConsole not found
                          No changes :-(

CONFIG: Stack Trace:
                          oracle.sysman.emcp.exception.EMConfigException: Error dropping the repository
                          at oracle.sysman.emcp.EMReposConfig.invoke(EMReposConfig.java:218)
                          at oracle.sysman.emcp.EMReposConfig.invoke(EMReposConfig.java:157)
                          at oracle.sysman.emcp.EMConfig.perform(EMConfig.java:253)
                          at oracle.sysman.emcp.EMConfigAssistant.invokeEMCA(EMConfigAssistant.java:589)
                          at oracle.sysman.emcp.EMConfigAssistant.performConfiguration(EMConfigAssistant.java:1448)
                          at oracle.sysman.emcp.EMConfigAssistant.statusMain(EMConfigAssistant.java:573)
                          at oracle.sysman.emcp.EMConfigAssistant.main(EMConfigAssistant.java:521)
                          Mar 31, 2013 12:57:15 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.EMConfig restoreOuiLoc
                          CONFIG: Restoring oracle.installer.oui_loc to /u01/app/oracle/product/11.2.0/dbhome_1/oui

while running emca -deconfig dbcontrol db -repos drop
                          can you explain why should I run these commands? I didn't change anything since power failure...
                          • 10. Re: Impossible to start dbconsole: OC4J Configuration issue DBConsole not found
                            Justin_Mungal
                            user9001403 wrote:

at oracle.sysman.emcp.EMConfigAssistant.performConfiguration(EMConfigAssistant.java:1448)
                            CONFIG: Restoring oracle.installer.oui_loc to /u01/app/oracle/product/11.2.0/dbhome_1/oui

can you explain why should I run these commands? I didn't change anything since power failure...
                            It depends on how much time you want to spend troubleshooting and reading dbconsole logs. Personally I prefer not do to that, so I rebuild the console after doing basic sanity checking and troubleshooting.
                            • 11. Re: Impossible to start dbconsole: OC4J Configuration issue DBConsole not found
                              Osama_Mustafa
                              user9001403 wrote:

Check the logs for more information
                              • 12. Re: Impossible to start dbconsole: OC4J Configuration issue DBConsole not found
                                Aman....
                                user9001403 wrote:

Please understand how EM works. You got the error that the EM repository is not found which was working before the power failure because your VM machine is using the DHCP and now, the IP address of the machine is different. Did you check that the host name in the +/etc/hosts+ file is mapped to the correct IP address? That said, as Justin said, if you are not willing to dig deeper in the logs, it's better that you recreate the EM repository and the given command is going to drop the existing one.

Aman....
                                • 13. Re: Impossible to start dbconsole: OC4J Configuration issue DBConsole not found
                                  But I am not using DHCP - it was a static IP-address 192.168.34.228 and it did not changed after power failure. So I transferred this VM to another server and manually wrote same IP, 192.168.34.228. Using same netmask and gateway address. And this is /etc/hosts:
                                  # Do not remove the following line, or various programs
                                  # that require network functionality will fail.
                                  127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost
                                  ::1 localhost6.localdomain6 localhost6

Should I add line: 192.168.34.228 localhost.localdomain localhost?

Also I'm not sure about SYS password which required while doing recreating of EM repository... Can I recreate EM repository without SYS password?
                                  • 14. Re: Impossible to start dbconsole: OC4J Configuration issue DBConsole not found
                                    By the way - how can I change password to entering Administration console? I mean http://192.168.34.228:4848 Cause admin's password has been lost some months ago...
                                    1 2 Previous Next