2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 31, 2013 2:00 PM by 999848 RSS

Tables created with XE not seen by CMD

Hello,

I created a database with Oracle XE 11g from web application application Get Started ... asked me to create a workspace with a database, a username and password, after that I could make a few tables with data ...
      The problem is that when the SQLPLUS CMD income, income with User: SYSTEM and I can not see the tables created in the web application .... If somebody could please explain what is happening I would appreciate ...

... and also what does it mean Workspace? Do the same to create a tablespace for CMD???

I'm new to these issues, I appreciate any intervention ...
        • 1. Re: Tables created with XE not seen by CMD
          Paul M.
          when the SQLPLUS CMD income, income with User: SYSTEM and I can not see the tables created in the web application
          How did you look for them ?

BTW, at Sql command line you can connect as any user...
          ... and also what does it mean Workspace?
          http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E17781_01/doc.112/e18644/intro_app.htm#CEGFCAGD
          • 2. Re: Tables created with XE not seen by CMD
            Solution.
            Was somewhat confusing to understand the fields that to fill the application asked me Get Started when creating a Workspace, these were the fields:
            1. Database user
            2. Database username
            3. Express Aplication Username
            4. Password
            5. Confirm Password

The user must enter in the field is sqlplus username Datababase, and from there I can see all tables created with the Web application ....

Thanks for the reply, helped me come to this conclusion, I hope that others can serve ...