4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 1, 2013 3:40 PM by Bunty RSS

Prevent Checkin New Form to redirect to Checkin Confirm(Checkin Similar)

user9138987
      Hi,

We have a use case where we want to prevent pages to redirect to the CHECKIN_SIMILAR_FORM i.e after a successful check in we want prevent to IdcService="CHECKIN_CONFIRM_FORM" to be executed.
      Want to remain on the CHECKIN_NEW form page itself.

Does anyone know how to prevent it ?

Thanks,
      Sunil
        • 1. Re: Prevent Checkin New Form to redirect to Checkin Confirm(Checkin Similar)
          Jonathan Hult
          What is your business use case for this?

How would you know if the checkin was successful or not?

You should be able to do this either via editing the checkin service, a dynamichtml include, or implementing a filter. You might (have not tested) be able to do this out of the box with the parameter RedirectUrl.

Jonathan
          http://jonathanhult.com
          • 2. Re: Prevent Checkin New Form to redirect to Checkin Confirm(Checkin Similar)
            user9138987
            Thanks Jonathan.

My business use case is that we have a file wizard kind of checkin - built - completely by extending standard idoc includes.

We have a situation where we want to submit content in UCM as a draft. Draft is just a metadata field that tells the content is not publicly viewable.

Basically, while you are navigating through the wizard where a user hits next and it submits it in UCM. Since we have already checked in the content we want people to continue to working on the content using the wizard. As we know submission takes us to a new "page" that is executed using the CHECKIN_CONFIRM_SERVICE, the user will be loosing all the data (until and unless we decide to change doc update form too.. which we have to down the road)

You mentioned couple of ideas : One was editing the checking service and the redirectUrl.

You know how we can do you do that. Right now I am thinking using the above technique and moving to the filter technique once I am sure requirements are fixed.

Edited by: user9138987 on Mar 28, 2013 7:26 PM
            • 3. Re: Prevent Checkin New Form to redirect to Checkin Confirm(Checkin Similar)
              ryan sullivan2
              Might be better suited for a custom service since overriding the service definition for the stock checking service(s) will affect all use cases. And, there will be use cases you haven't accounted for which will cause trouble down the line.

a custom checkin service that has the redirect as you need could work.

A different approach would be to use ajax to make your service calls. I was able to find some cool jquery related stuff that allowed for psuedo-ajax content submissions from a master page.

-ryan
              • 4. Re: Prevent Checkin New Form to redirect to Checkin Confirm(Checkin Similar)
                Bunty
                CHECKIN_NEW service executes prepareRedirect function in the end.
                basically, you have control on which page to be displayed after successful check-in with minor idoc changes.

ovverride std_checkin_form_start_extra include and add
                <input type="hidden" name="RedirectUrl" value="<your check-in page url>">
                you can also use RedirectParams instead of RedirectUrl.