This content has been marked as final. Show 4 replies
Thanks for the prompt response.
I checked the MOS as suggested.
CONFIGURE ARCHIVELOG DELETION POLICY TO APPLIED ON STANDBY;
with the undocumented paramater change in 10g was suggested.
I think it partially meets our requirement.
In my primary i want to check -
1. Is the archive log backed up to tape?
2. Applied to standby? ------------------------------------------------> this is take care in your suggestion/MOS
how to incorporate the first check as well? PLease share your expertise.
I was going through few other threads and got this one -
CONFIGURE ARCHIVELOG DELETION POLICY TO APPLIED ON ALL STANDBY BACKED UP 1 TIMES TO 'SBT_TAPE';
i think it makes both checks i was talking about before.
thread url => Re: deleting archive logs on primary only after they are backed up on standby
I would suggest to go with Flash recovery area and RMAN for archives backup & removal in dataguard environment. I had a similar question in mind earlier too then i come with this:
1) FRA enable at both primary & standby
2) archive logs generated at FRA location
3) change archive deletion policy to "Applied on all standby" on Primary
4) taking archive backups without the delete clause as FRA will take care of deletion part.
Only, thing you needs to consider is space requirment for FRA and alert mechanism for monitoring FRA.
I have noted down the steps in details in my blog in few posts. You might want to have a look at that too.