This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 31, 2013 9:33 AM by O.Developer RSS

what is raise form_trigger_failure

newbi_egy Explorer
Currently Being Moderated
db and dev 10g rel2
hi all ,
could you please tell me about the functionality of this statement ? what can i do with it ?

i searched the online help , and i found just one page ,and got nothing from it , and there is nothing in the documentation .

thanks in advance
  • 1. Re: what is raise form_trigger_failure
    Andreas Weiden Guru
    RAISE raises an exception.
    FORM_TRIGGER_FAILURE is a forms-specific exception. if you raise it, it will stop the current processing without showing an error to the user. You use it e.g. in a WHEN-VALIDATE-ITEM-trigger when you want that the validation fails.

Typos
  • 2. Re: what is raise form_trigger_failure
    HamidHelal Guru
    newbi_egy wrote:
    db and dev 10g rel2
    hi all ,
    could you please tell me about the functionality of this statement ? what can i do with it ?

i searched the online help , and i found just one page ,and got nothing from it , and there is nothing in the documentation .

thanks in advance
    Hi egy
    Check this ..http://random-inspiration-blog.blogspot.com/2012/03/raise-formtriggerfailure-oracle.html

Hope this helps
  • 3. Re: what is raise form_trigger_failure
    O.Developer Journeyer
    Hi

In a very basic and generic to explain 'Raise Form_Trigger_Failure' is , when you want to tell the end user that their input is not correct, use this statement. By using this statement oracle will not allow user further action.

Hope you understood. If not the read the Forms 6I document which will be very help full - you can get it from below link simply
    https://drive.google.com/?tab=wo&authuser=0#my-drive

newbi_egy wrote:
    db and dev 10g rel2
    hi all ,

thanks in advance

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points