3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 2, 2013 8:16 AM by 974427 RSS

not able to configure emca

hi all,

I am facing problems to configure emca, kindly help me.

I am working on 11.1.0.6.0 windows 64 bit,
      listener is running also services are running of "oracle" database, i issued "C:\Users\Mohib>emca -config dbcontrol db -repos create"
      which gives me "SEVERE: Error creating the repository" & "CONFIG: ORA-00955: name is already used by an existing object
      oracle.sysman.assistants.util.sqlEngine.SQLFatalErrorException: ORA-00955: name is already used by an existing object" errors
      i was checking other threads in same forum, hence did following
      SQL> drop user sysman cascade;
      SQL> drop role MGMT_USER;
      SQL> drop user MGMT_VIEW cascade;
      SQL> drop public synonym MGMT_TARGET_BLACKOUTS;
      SQL> drop public synonym SETEMVIEWUSERCONTEXT;

then i issue "C:\Users\Mohib>emca -config dbcontrol db -repos create"
      i get below errors..

WARNING: Could not backup file F:\Oracle\app\Mohib\product\11.1.0\db_1\sysman\co
      nfig\emoms.properties

CONFIG: ORA-00955: name is already used by an existing object
      oracle.sysman.assistants.util.sqlEngine.SQLFatalErrorException: ORA-00955: name is already used by an existing object and SEVERE: Error creating the repository

i am confused how exactly to configure...
        • 1. Re: not able to configure emca
          Pschwart-Oracle
          Deconfigure the Database Control.
          To deconfigure Database Control for a standalone database, run the following command from the Oracle home of the database as the user who installed the database. If the command hangs, then restart the database and rerun the command.
          $<ORACLE_HOME>/bin/emca -deconfig dbcontrol db -repos drop -SYS_PWD <sys pasword> -SYSMAN_PWD <sysman password>
          • 2. Re: not able to configure emca
            thanks pschwart, but i get errors...below are the details...

1st i issued the
            "F:\Oracle\app\Mohib\product\11.1.0\db_1\BIN>emca -deconfig dbcontrol db -repos drop -SYS_PWD oracle -SYSMAN_PWD oracle" ,dint work out said "Could not complete the configuration..." i shutdown immediate db and startup"

again i issued

F:\Oracle\app\Mohib\product\11.1.0\db_1\BIN>emca -deconfig dbcontrol db -repos drop -SYS_PWD oracle -SYSMAN_PWD oracle

STARTED EMCA at Apr 1, 2013 7:29:49 AM
            EM Configuration Assistant, Version 11.1.0.5.0 Production
            Copyright (c) 2003, 2005, Oracle. All rights reserved.

Enter the following information:
            Database SID: ORACLE
            Listener port number: 1521

Do you wish to continue? [yes(Y)/no(N)]: Y
            Apr 1, 2013 7:30:10 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.EMConfig perform
            INFO: This operation is being logged at F:\Oracle\app\Mohib\cfgtoollogs\emca\ora
            cle\emca_2013_04_01_07_29_49.log.
            Apr 1, 2013 7:30:10 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.util.DBControlUtil stopOMS
            INFO: Stopping Database Control (this may take a while) ...
            Apr 1, 2013 7:30:12 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.EMConfig perform
            SEVERE: Can't find file F:\Oracle\app\Mohib\product\11.1.0\db_1\hppc_ORACLE\sysm
            an\config\emoms.properties
            Refer to the log file at F:\Oracle\app\Mohib\cfgtoollogs\emca\oracle\emca_2013_0
            4_01_07_29_49.log for more details.
            Could not complete the configuration. Refer to the log file at F:\Oracle\app\Moh
            ib\cfgtoollogs\emca\oracle\emca_2013_04_01_07_29_49.log for more details.

in the log i have below entries

Apr 1, 2013 7:30:11 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.util.PlatformInterface executeCommand
            CONFIG: nmccollector process does not exist
            Apr 1, 2013 7:30:11 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.util.DBControlUtil stopNmccollector
            CONFIG: Successfully stopped nmc-collector process
            Apr 1, 2013 7:30:11 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.util.PlatformInterface serviceCommand
            CONFIG: cmdType: 2
            Apr 1, 2013 7:30:11 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.util.PlatformInterface serviceCommand
            CONFIG: Service does not exist
            Apr 1, 2013 7:30:11 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.ParamsManager getParam
            CONFIG: No value was set for the parameter ORACLE_HOSTNAME.
            Apr 1, 2013 7:30:11 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.util.ClusterUtil getLocalNode
            CONFIG: isLocalNodeDone: true localNode: null
            SEVERE: Can't find file F:\Oracle\app\Mohib\product\11.1.0\db_1\hppc_ORACLE\sysman\config\emoms.properties --------------------- "emoms.properties" is present in the mentioned path
            CONFIG: Stack Trace:
            java.lang.IllegalStateException: Can't find file F:\Oracle\app\Mohib\product\11.1.0\db_1\hppc_ORACLE\sysman\config\emoms.properties at oracle.sysman.emSDK.conf.ConfigManager.processSensitiveProperties --------------------- "emoms.properties" is present in the mentioned path still gives the error..
            • 3. Re: not able to configure emca
              Hi all,

I got a solution, will be helpful to others i guess :)

you can check below link

http://blog.mclaughlinsoftware.com/oracle-architecture-configuration/changing-windows-hostname-and-oracle-enterprise-manager/

it works!! but i have doubts...(as I configured on my local machine)
              1)
              is it advisable to edit a "System32" file? (Change the C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\etc\hosts file by adding this line beneath the default localhost line (for the new Hostname value):127.0.0.1 localhost
              172.16.113.128 mclaughlin11g mclaughlin11g.techtinker.com)

2)
              Reboot the machine to set the networking. (reboot Production server?)

Will give an update(clear) about my doubts.. :)

Edited by: 971424 on Apr 2, 2013 2:51 AM

With Solution ;)

Yes, if you want to change the host name then need to reboot the machine
              for changes to be effective. But, it's not advisable to change the entries of host file for an active
              production database unless required.

Edited by: 971424 on Apr 2, 2013 6:15 AM

Edited by: 971424 on Apr 2, 2013 6:16 AM