This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Apr 17, 2013 11:03 PM by 997468 RSS

create weblogic environment

984875 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi Legends,
I am new to weblogic. I created a domain(1st domain) which has 4 servers running (1 admin server and 3 managed servers).
My issue is i have to create another domain(2nd domain) but admin server of this domain should point it to admin server of 1st domain.
I dont know how to achieve this. Pls help me in this.
  • 1. Re: create weblogic environment
    sharmela-Oracle Expert
    Hi ,

Could you please elaborate what exactly you mean by admin server of domain 2 pointing to admin server of domain 1 ?

Also the hostname and port number combination of admin server1 and admin server2 ( from domain2) cannot be same.
    If they are using same hostname , then the ports should be different.

Thanks,
    Sharmela
  • 2. Re: create weblogic environment
    984875 Newbie
    Hi,
    sorry for late reply
    Could you please elaborate what exactly you mean by admin server of domain 2 pointing to admin server of domain 1 ?
    2 domain but common admin server to both domains
  • 3. Re: create weblogic environment
    RenévanWijk Oracle ACE
    http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E23943_01/web.1111/e14140/intro.htm#i1069784

"
    Administration Server
    *A domain includes one WebLogic Server instance that is configured as an Administration Server*. All changes to configuration and deployment of applications are done through the Administration Server.
    The Administration Server provides a central point for managing the domain and providing access to the WebLogic Server administration tools. These tools include the following:
    - WebLogic Server Administration Console: Graphical user interface to the Administration Server.
    - WebLogic Server Node Manager: A Java program that lets you start and stop server instances—both Administration Servers and Managed Servers—remotely, and to monitor and automatically restart them after an unexpected failure.
    "
  • 4. Re: create weblogic environment
    984875 Newbie
    Administration Server
    A domain includes one WebLogic Server instance that is configured as an Administration Server. All changes to configuration and deployment of applications are done through the Administration Server.
    The Administration Server provides a central point for managing the domain and providing access to the WebLogic Server administration tools. These tools include the following:
    - WebLogic Server Administration Console: Graphical user interface to the Administration Server.
    - WebLogic Server Node Manager: A Java program that lets you start and stop server instances—both Administration Servers and Managed Servers—remotely, and to monitor and automatically restart them after an unexpected failure.
    "
    Yes i'm familiar with these definitions. Pls tell me the way to configure my requirement which is

domain 1- as1,ms1,ms2
    domain 2- as2, ms3

but my all managed servers should work only with the as1 startup.

must be able to start ms3, without starting as2.

I request to guide me through this requirement.

Thanks in advance.
  • 5. Re: create weblogic environment
    997468 Explorer
    Hi,

Your requirement itself seems incorrect. If you are aware of the definitions then you must be aware each weblogic domain need to have a admin server and also "weblogic resources cannot be shared between two domains".

You can achieve "starting ms3 even when as2 is not running" by using nodemanager and configuing ms3 in MSI [ managed server independence ] mode where if admin server is down managed server will retrieve its configuration from local archive.

If ms3 is running on same machine as domain-1 servers then you can also use same nodemanager to control all the servers. But note, after shutting down as2 if any configuration changes happens which will be required by ms3, it cannot be distributed to ms3 until as2 is up.

Thanks,
    Ranjan

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points