2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 1, 2013 8:48 AM by Arijit Kanrar RSS

Beginner User - Lost in Login Screen

Hello, I had tried to download and install Oracle Application Express a while ago and had stopped. I had however created a new account and by now forgotten all the details including workspace, name and password. I am stuck in the screen where it asks "Enter Application Express workspace and credentials." and asks for Workspace, Name, and Password. I tried to click on Find my Workspace to find it however it doesn't do anything when I enter my e-mail. I'm completely lost and need to install it ASAP for class. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
        • 1. Re: Beginner User - Lost in Login Screen
          Howard (... in Training)
          Hi,

[Ignore all this! -- HVC] Edited by: Howard (... in Training) on Apr 1, 2013 10:38 AM

Re: "doesn't do anything"?

Do you mean the screen just freezes?

I always get a message:
          >
          Success MessageClose Notification If <email> exists in our records, we will send the workspace names associated with this email address. If you are having problems receiving the workspace names, please contact your administrator.
          >

If the account went "too long" -- I'm not sure how long too long is -- without activity, notice messages would have been sent to the account's email saying that the account would be removed after a given time. Perhaps that has happened to this account.

Also, you might try the email on this page http://apex.oracle.com/pls/otn/f?p=35144:411:0
          I'm sure the Admins have a lot on their plate. It might be some time before you get a response.

Howard

Edited by: Howard (... in Training) on Apr 1, 2013 9:25 AM
          • 2. Re: Beginner User - Lost in Login Screen
            Arijit Kanrar
            Hi,

Where have you installed it? Is it in your local system? Or do you have access to the schema. Then try these

To find your workspace name:
            query the APEX_WORKSPACES view. You will find the workspace name in it.

To reset your username password:
            [http://blog.mclaughlinsoftware.com/2011/09/14/reset-11g-xe-apex-password/]

Reagrds,
            Arijit

Edited by: Arijit Kanrar on Apr 1, 2013 7:16 PM

Edited by: Arijit Kanrar on Apr 1, 2013 7:18 PM