1 Reply Latest reply: Apr 1, 2013 9:09 AM by jtahlborn RSS

Parallelism_ with EJB

Hi,

I am a student. I am working on a project : trying to distribute heavy matrix calculus on many machines to reduce the execution time(Parallelism on many "slave" machines). I thought Java RMI would help me do this.(master/slaves application), but it seems that a JAVA RMI client cannot contact, simultaneously, many servers that are on different physical machines at the same time (each server on a different physical machine, that means each server has its own ip address)

So, i am thinking to use EJB.
      That's why i want to be sure that EJB will enable a client to contact many servers that have differents ip addresses simultaneously.

is this possible with EJB?

thanks in advance.
        • 1. Re: Parallelism_ with EJB
          jtahlborn
          997072 wrote:
          I am a student. I am working on a project : trying to distribute heavy matrix calculus on many machines to reduce the execution time(Parallelism on many "slave" machines). I thought Java RMI would help me do this.(master/slaves application), but it seems that a JAVA RMI client cannot contact, simultaneously, many servers that are on different physical machines at the same time (each server on a different physical machine, that means each server has its own ip address)
          you are wrong about this. there is no such restriction in rmi.
          So, i am thinking to use EJB.
          That's why i want to be sure that EJB will enable a client to contact many servers that have differents ip addresses simultaneously.

is this possible with EJB?
          if this is your reason for ejb, then you're probably headed in the wrong direction. i'd go back to your original idea, and try to figure out where you went wrong.