This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 22 Replies Latest reply: Apr 2, 2013 6:01 PM by yxes2013 Go to original post RSS
  • 15. Re: OCFS2 vs Vendor Clusterware
    Hemant K Chitale Oracle ACE
    Currently Being Moderated
    So you mean you have scripts on each of these 4?
    No, I do not have them. They are at customer sites.

Hemant K Chitale
  • 16. Re: OCFS2 vs Vendor Clusterware
    What I do know is that you are not putting in effort to study, understand and learn it yourself. You want the "best" one delivered to you on a platter.

I suggest that you start here http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Linux+Cluster which returned https://www.suse.com/products/highavailability/

Hemant K Chitale
  • 17. Re: OCFS2 vs Vendor Clusterware
    yxes2013 Newbie
    Those are just sales advertisement for SLES SP2 :)

Maybe I will go for Oracle because it is readily downloadable ;)

***Oracle Linux ClusterWare (and 11gR2 Grid Infrastructure can host a 10gR2 database).

The work that you have to put in is

a. Understand the ClusterWare >> Oracle clusterware
    b. Read the documentation >> Oracle clusterware
    c. Write your own scripts
    d. Integrate them with the ClusterWare >> Oracle clusterware

I am right? Is 11gR2 Grid Infra the same as or mandatory for >> Oracle clusterware? Or is it optional?

Thanks
  • 18. Re: OCFS2 vs Vendor Clusterware
    yxes2013 Newbie
    apua :(

Edited by: yxes2013 on 2.4.2013 1:57
  • 19. Re: OCFS2 vs Vendor Clusterware
    Those are just sales advertisement for SLES SP2
    Is that so ? Really ?
    Is 11gR2 Grid Infra the same
    Why don't you figure it out yourself now. http://docs.oracle.com

Hemant K Chitale
  • 20. Re: OCFS2 vs Vendor Clusterware
    yxes2013 Newbie
    I got this :)
    Oracle Clusterware is portable cluster software that allows clustering of independent servers so that they cooperate 
    as a single system. Oracle Clusterware was first released with Oracle Database 10g Release 1 as the required cluster 
    technology for Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC). Oracle Clusterware is an independent server pool infrastructure, 
    which is fully integrated with Oracle RAC, capable of protecting any kind of application in a failover cluster. 

Oracle Clusterware 11g Release 2 sets a milestone in the development of Oracle’s server pool solution. 
    Oracle Clusterware, combined with Oracle Automatic Storage Management (ASM), is Oracle’s private cloud 
    infrastructure software (Oracle Grid Infrastructure). The integration of these two technologies sets a new level in 
    the management of private cloud based applications.
    The Oracle Grid Infrastructure provides the necessary components to manage high availability (HA) for any business 
    critical application. Oracle Grid Infrastructure Bundled Agents are Oracle Grid Infrastructure components that support 
    a complete HA framework for applications. This framework is an intuitive,  ready to use HA solution that offers
    pre-defined Oracle Grid Infrastructure resource configurations and agents to integrate applications, infrastructure 
    resources and the Oracle RDBMS for complete HA. 
    It seems complicated to setup :(

So, I can use this on SLES 10 and Oracle 10R2 database right? Instead of operating system clusterware.
    On 2 units Dell poweredge servers and a DAS storage which can be mounted on both one at a time (active-passive).
  • 21. Re: OCFS2 vs Vendor Clusterware
    I believe that you will find this documentation : http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/rac.112/e16794/crschp.htm#CHDGHGJA complicated.
    Particularly because you don't have any prior experience with managing shared storage, managing a cluster, writing restart and monitoring scripts.

In the past few days that you've had these forums threads opened you could have spent the time reading up and practicing.

Hemant K Chitale
  • 22. Re: OCFS2 vs Vendor Clusterware
    yxes2013 Newbie
    Making Applications Highly Available Using Oracle Clusterware
    Why applications :( ...I only want database highly available to save from more work, and not to worry my applications because i care only for the database. :)
    In the past few days that you've had these forums threads opened you could have spent the time reading up and practicing.
    I want to practise but I do not know where to start right. It is quite frustrating if you practise the wrong way wasting your time and energy ;)

Thankssss...
1 2 Previous Next

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points