2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 2, 2013 11:46 AM by rpatti RSS

How to clear non-stateless incident ?

hloo_hk.oracle-Oracle
      Any option I may clear those incidents 'not' stateless incident or purging policy I may use for 'OPEN' incident ?

For example, I would like to clear the incident already marked 'resolved' like
      '/u01 available space less than 7%'.
      ' listener response to TNS ping is xxxxxxx msecs'

Everyday when I examine the incident manager, no matter the incident resolved or new, I found those incidents are remained 'open' and seems not purging automatically.
        • 1. Re: How to clear non-stateless incident ?
          rpatti
          For a "stateful" incident - the system has to report a clear before we can clear the incident.

In your case, you can create a custom view which includes all open states other than "Resolved" and then use that on a daily basis to track your open and unresolved incidents.
          Please check out:
          http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E24628_01/doc.121/e24473/incident_mgmt.htm#autoId35
          • 2. Re: How to clear non-stateless incident ?
            rpatti
            One more thing:
            For certain metric based incidents - there is an option to "Reevaluate Alert" in the Actions section of "Guided Resolution". You can try that and this will re-evaluate the metric on-demand and if the issue is cleared - it should generate a clear and close your incident.

This will also help you confirm that the issue was truly fixed.