4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 2, 2013 12:12 PM by rukbat RSS

Calling PLSQL Procedure from Java Application

IQ
      Hi All,
      I have a PLSQL Procedure which I call from a Java Application. When I invoke this procedure from a SQL Editor, I can pass in the parameters and the procedure executes successfully(which is inserts records in a table).
      However the exact same procedure when it is called from a Java application does not seem to return the appropriate results which is to insert rows in a table.
      Is there anything that I am missing ?
      Can someone please advise me if I need to do something else as well for the PLSQL call to work through Java.

Thanks
      Fm
        • 1. Re: Calling PLSQL Procedure from Java Application
          BluShadow
          IQ wrote:
          Hi All,
          I have a PLSQL Procedure which I call from a Java Application. When I invoke this procedure from a SQL Editor, I can pass in the parameters and the procedure executes successfully(which is inserts records in a table).
          However the exact same procedure when it is called from a Java application does not seem to return the appropriate results which is to insert rows in a table.
          Quite a lot it seems... we don't have your database version or even your code.

{message:id=9360002}

This forum also deals specifically with SQL and PL/SQL issues, so if you have proven that your PL/SQL procedure works when being called from another interface (SQL*Plus or whatever) then the problem would seem to be in your Java code somewhere, in which case you need help from one of the Java forums.
          • 2. Re: Calling PLSQL Procedure from Java Application
            rp0428
            >
            Can someone please advise me if I need to do something else as well for the PLSQL call to work through Java.
            >
            Wrong forum!

You need to post this in the JDBC forum
            https://forums.oracle.com/forums/category.jspa?categoryID=288

Either the procedure works properly or it doesn't; Java has NOTHING to do with it (unless it is written in Java).

If it doesn't work properly then fix it.

If it works properly then any problem you are having is due to your Java code and/or the way that code is calling the procedure.

Mark this question ANSWERED and repost it in the JDBC forum. When you post provide:

1. your 4 digit Oracle version
            2. your client OS and version,
            3. the full JDK version
            4. the name and version of the OJDBC jar file you are using
            5. the Java code that demonstrates/produces the problem
            6. the procedure signature showing the names and types of the parameters
            • 4. Re: Calling PLSQL Procedure from Java Application
              rukbat
              New post:
              Calling PLSQL from Java

Moderator Action: +... locking this one...+