This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 7, 2013 12:35 PM by kiransaravi RSS

Call asyncronous service from syncronous service using invoke

963786 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I am getting an issue while developing a small practice service i really appreciate if anyone could help me out.

I have made a small asynchronous addition service that takes two integer as input and returns addition of both the numbers in response.

When i run this service on EM it runs ok without giving any error.

But when i call this service using the Invoke activity from another synchronous service then it throws an timeout out error with correlation Id is NULL.

i also tried putting a wait activity with 2 min between the Invoke and receive activity but no use.

I know that asynchronous services meant for long running processes and i should have used synchronous service for the addition.

but i just need to know is there any way to run this asyn. service using the invoke from another syn. service.

I will really appreciate your reply.
  • 1. Re: Call asyncronous service from syncronous service using invoke
    Arik Expert
    Hi,

Go to your composite.xml source and find the property bpel.config.transaction(of the asynch bpel process).
    Change it to requiresNew.
    That should solve your problem.

Just another thing: It is not a good practice to call asynch process from a synch process. The oposite is more correct..

Arik
  • 2. Re: Call asyncronous service from syncronous service using invoke
    866363 Newbie
    You call your addition service as asynchronous and say that it returns a response ?
  • 3. Re: Call asyncronous service from syncronous service using invoke
    963786 Newbie
    Hello,

Thanks for the reply.

I have seen in the composite.xml of the async process but i couldn't find any transaction property there but i have added one like the below

<component name="DivideBPELProcess" version="1.1">
    <implementation.bpel src="DivideBPELProcess.bpel"/>
    *<property name="bpel.config.transaction" many="false" type="xs:string">requiresNew</property>*
    <property name="bpel.config.oneWayDeliveryPolicy" type="xs:string"
    many="false">async.persist</property>
    </component>

but unfortunately i have got the following error again.

One more question, as far as i know requiresNew always starts new transaction and don't join the transaction of the parent. what is the relation of this property with the timeout error.

java.lang.Exception: oracle.sysman.emSDK.webservices.wsdlapi.SoapTestException: Client received SOAP Fault from server : Waiting for response has timed out. The conversation id is null. Please check the process instance for detail. at oracle.sysman.emas.model.wsmgt.WSTestModel.invokeOperation(WSTestModel.java:808) at oracle.sysman.emas.view.wsmgt.WSView.invokeOperation(WSView.java:384) at oracle.sysman.emas.view.wsmgt.WSView.invokeOperation(WSView.java:301) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597) at com.sun.el.parser.AstValue.invoke(AstValue.java:187) at com.sun.el.MethodExpressionImpl.invoke(MethodExpressionImpl.java:297) at org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.taglib.util.MethodExpressionMethodBinding.invoke(MethodExpressionMethodBinding.java:53) at org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.component.UIXComponentBase.broadcastToMethodBinding(UIXComponentBase.java:1256) at org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.component.UIXCommand.broadcast(UIXCommand.java:183) at oracle.adf.view.rich.component.fragment.ContextSwitchingComponent$1.run(ContextSwitchingComponent.java:92) at oracle.adf.view.rich.component.fragment.ContextSwitchingComponent._processPhase(ContextSwitchingComponent.java:361) at oracle.adf.view.rich.component.fragment.ContextSwitchingComponent.broadcast(ContextSwitchingComponent.java:96) at oracle.adf.view.rich.component.fragment.UIXInclude.broadcast(UIXInclude.java:102) at oracle.adf.view.rich.component.fragment.ContextSwitchingComponent$1.run(ContextSwitchingComponent.java:92) at oracle.adf.view.rich.component.fragment.ContextSwitchingComponent._processPhase(ContextSwitchingComponent.java:361) at oracle.adf.view.rich.component.fragment.ContextSwitchingComponent.broadcast(ContextSwitchingComponent.java:96) at oracle.adf.view.rich.component.fragment.UIXInclude.broadcast(UIXInclude.java:96) at javax.faces.component.UIViewRoot.broadcastEvents(UIViewRoot.java:475) at javax.faces.component.UIViewRoot.processApplication(UIViewRoot.java:756) at oracle.adfinternal.view.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl._invokeApplication(LifecycleImpl.java:889) at oracle.adfinternal.view.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl._executePhase(LifecycleImpl.java:379) at oracle.adfinternal.view.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.execute(LifecycleImpl.java:194) at javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:265) at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper$ServletServiceAction.run(StubSecurityHelper.java:227) at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper.invokeServlet(StubSecurityHelper.java:125) at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:301) at weblogic.servlet.internal.TailFilter.doFilter(TailFilter.java:26) at weblogic.servlet.internal.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:56) at oracle.sysman.emSDK.license.LicenseFilter.doFilter(LicenseFilter.java:101) at weblogic.servlet.internal.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:56) at oracle.adf.model.servlet.ADFBindingFilter.doFilter(ADFBindingFilter.java:205) at weblogic.servlet.internal.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:56) at oracle.adfinternal.view.faces.webapp.rich.RegistrationFilter.doFilter(RegistrationFilter.java:106) at org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.webapp.TrinidadFilterImpl$FilterListChain.doFilter(TrinidadFilterImpl.java:446) at oracle.adfinternal.view.faces.activedata.AdsFilter.doFilter(AdsFilter.java:60) at org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.webapp.TrinidadFilterImpl$FilterListChain.doFilter(TrinidadFilterImpl.java:446) at org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.webapp.TrinidadFilterImpl._doFilterImpl(TrinidadFilterImpl.java:271) at org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.webapp.TrinidadFilterImpl.doFilter(TrinidadFilterImpl.java:177) at org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.webapp.TrinidadFilter.doFilter(TrinidadFilter.java:92) at weblogic.servlet.internal.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:56) at oracle.help.web.rich.OHWFilter.doFilter(Unknown Source) at weblogic.servlet.internal.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:56) at oracle.sysman.emas.fwk.MASConnectionFilter.doFilter(MASConnectionFilter.java:41) at weblogic.servlet.internal.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:56) at oracle.adf.library.webapp.LibraryFilter.doFilter(LibraryFilter.java:179) at weblogic.servlet.internal.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:56) at oracle.sysman.eml.app.AuditServletFilter.doFilter(AuditServletFilter.java:179) at weblogic.servlet.internal.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:56) at oracle.sysman.eml.app.EMRepLoginFilter.doFilter(EMRepLoginFilter.java:203) at weblogic.servlet.internal.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:56) at oracle.sysman.core.model.targetauth.EMLangPrefFilter.doFilter(EMLangPrefFilter.java:158) at weblogic.servlet.internal.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:56) at oracle.sysman.core.app.perf.PerfFilter.doFilter(PerfFilter.java:141) at weblogic.servlet.internal.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:56) at oracle.sysman.eml.app.ContextInitFilter.doFilter(ContextInitFilter.java:542) at weblogic.servlet.internal.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:56) at oracle.security.jps.ee.http.JpsAbsFilter$1.run(JpsAbsFilter.java:119) at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at oracle.security.jps.util.JpsSubject.doAsPrivileged(JpsSubject.java:315) at oracle.security.jps.ee.util.JpsPlatformUtil.runJaasMode(JpsPlatformUtil.java:442) at oracle.security.jps.ee.http.JpsAbsFilter.runJaasMode(JpsAbsFilter.java:103) at oracle.security.jps.ee.http.JpsAbsFilter.doFilter(JpsAbsFilter.java:171) at oracle.security.jps.ee.http.JpsFilter.doFilter(JpsFilter.java:71) at weblogic.servlet.internal.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:56) at oracle.dms.servlet.DMSServletFilter.doFilter(DMSServletFilter.java:139) at weblogic.servlet.internal.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:56) at weblogic.servlet.internal.RequestEventsFilter.doFilter(RequestEventsFilter.java:27) at weblogic.servlet.internal.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:56) at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.wrapRun(WebAppServletContext.java:3730) at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.run(WebAppServletContext.java:3696) at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:321) at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:120) at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.securedExecute(WebAppServletContext.java:2273) at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.execute(WebAppServletContext.java:2179) at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.run(ServletRequestImpl.java:1490) at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:256) at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:221) Caused by: oracle.sysman.emSDK.webservices.wsdlapi.SoapTestException: Client received SOAP Fault from server : Waiting for response has timed out. The conversation id is null. Please check the process instance for detail. at oracle.sysman.emSDK.webservices.wsdlapi.dispatch.DispatchUtil.invoke(DispatchUtil.java:362) at oracle.sysman.emSDK.webservices.wsdlparser.OperationInfoImpl.invokeWithDispatch(OperationInfoImpl.java:1004) at oracle.sysman.emas.model.wsmgt.PortName.invokeOperation(PortName.java:750) at oracle.sysman.emas.model.wsmgt.WSTestModel.invokeOperation(WSTestModel.java:802) ... 79 more Caused by: oracle.j2ee.ws.client.jaxws.JRFSOAPFaultException: Client received SOAP Fault from server : Waiting for response has timed out. The conversation id is null. Please check the process instance for detail. at oracle.j2ee.ws.client.jaxws.DispatchImpl.throwJAXWSSoapFaultException(DispatchImpl.java:1040) at oracle.j2ee.ws.client.jaxws.DispatchImpl.invoke(DispatchImpl.java:826) at oracle.j2ee.ws.client.jaxws.OracleDispatchImpl.synchronousInvocationWithRetry(OracleDispatchImpl.java:235) at oracle.j2ee.ws.client.jaxws.OracleDispatchImpl.invoke(OracleDispatchImpl.java:106) at oracle.sysman.emSDK.webservices.wsdlapi.dispatch.DispatchUtil.invoke(DispatchUtil.java:358) ... 82 more
  • 4. Re: Call asyncronous service from syncronous service using invoke
    kiransaravi Newbie
    Hi

What Arik said was right.
    Can you re-do the same exercise again, this time, in the BPEL creation wizard itself, select the transaction property of sync service as requiresNew.
    The same applies when you are trying to user Fault Management Framework in a synchronous process - (which ofcourse is not a good practice to use sync processes when working with recorvery activities, etc)

Regards
    RaviKiran

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points